cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another request for my radius graph please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another request for my radius graph please.

Just what the subject says really can I have it for the .41 IP please. I've noticed that my fibre connections have both reduced in speed over the past few days, and that the .41 interface seems to be dropping to often for my liking.

Sept 2016Today!

12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Another request for my radius graph please.

It doesn't look pretty:

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that @Chris, could this :

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 53.27 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:

Upload Speed : 11.93 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

And the above graph result be indicative of a fault?

Chris
Legend

It would certainly appear so. Out of interest, are you uploading a lot through that circuit when the disconnections are happening?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No @Chris, I'm not, it's used as the failover for WAN 1 and I route my Mac out of it as well so it doesn't really get much load. It's had yet another disconnect / reconnect since my OP, and in the just over an hour of uptime it's moved 590MB with most on the RX.

Chris
Legend

Get it reported at https://faults.plus.net and we'll pick it up asap

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris, done and thanks for your time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone maybe explain why the ticket raised (above) isn’t due a response until the 5th when the ticket shows that there is in fact a fault? I have a remote VPN connection on this wire and as I go back to work tomorrow it will no doubt be pressed in to service but I can’t have it getting dropped as often as it is.

So your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Chris
Legend

The fault troubleshooter has reported this through to BTWholesale automatically, so the ticket is put on hold to allow a response from them. Having just checked this, we've now received a response and it's requesting an engineer visit. 

I'll update the ticket with that info now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again @Chris, ticket replied to.

Chris
Legend

Booked and updated on the ticket, that's the earliest one available so I hope it's ok.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's fine by me @Chris so thanks yet again, and the service excellent as always. Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well a very helpful BTOR guy arrived this morning at the CoD and after 2 hours of diagnostics and broggling it was traced to an underground fault. Sadly he couldn’t fix it himself as he didn’t have the training but raised it internally to get fixed.

By coincidence one of my neighbours came over when she saw the BTOR van asking if I had issues with my service as hers was as dead as a dead thing could be dead and had been since Thursday, which just happened to be the same time that mine fell over although my continued to work but at a reduced rate.

Don’t know when the BTOR UG team are going to arrive but I hope it’s soon.