cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "concentrator not reachable" issue

loffler

Another "concentrator not reachable" issue

No internet for 72 hours after BT maintenance this week.
Modem says all is good - all lights green. Router is all green too apart from red internet light.
Admin page on router says "concentrator not reachable"
Plusnet chat says modem is in sync, so probably a communication problem on the router. Thats as far as I got before my poor phone signal ended the chat.
I have reset the modem and router many times waiting for upto an hour till switching back on.
From poking around this forum it appears to be a fairly common stalled PPP connection and can either be fixed by turning off router for over 15mins or terminating the connection on Plusnets end.
Well I have tried  the first simple solution but no joy so hoping someone could try the second option for me. Reported the issue 48 hours ago on ticket #115023290, but not heard anything yet.
I had the same problem 6 months ago after BT work and Plusnet had to reset something their end that time too - feels like the same issue.
Other issues like this seem to get fixed quickly, so hoping someone from Plusnet can get me back online quick too.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Another "concentrator not reachable" issue

I've dropped the connection on our end.
You may need to reboot the router.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
loffler

Yey, that seems to have done the trick.
Thanks for te quick response, will come straight here next time it happens!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team