Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another new fibre user with reduced speeds

FIXED
jasper
Dabbler

Another new fibre user with reduced speeds

Like in this previous post :https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/New-Fibre-connection-is-this-normal/td-p/1339862 i have had a similar issue. New to Plusnet from Sky on 27/05/16. Initial tests for the first 3 days were 58-59mb download and 17-18mb upload. From the 01/06/16 my DL speeds have dropped to 19.26 to 19.90, Upload is unaffected. I have reset the router a couple of times with no change in results.

I have run tests as requested on the other posts, below are the results. Is this a setting your end as it was with the other post? I know i am just at the end of my 10 day testing period.

BT TEST

bt test.PNG

PLUSNET HUB 

hub.PNG

PORTAL.PLUSNET RESULTS

portal.plus.net.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Another new fibre user with reduced speeds

Hi Jasper, welcome to the forums.

Would you mind sending me a PM with your Plusnet username and I'll check this out Smiley

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Thanks for the PM Smiley 

I've updated a few things our side, whilst your account showed Fibre, the profile was an ADSL one, if you restart the router you'll get the full speed almost immediately.

I've noted your account so I can get the root cause looked into, let me know if you have any more issues

jasper
Dabbler

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply and fix. Really good service.

Postcode Phone exchange PINXTON  Estimated line speed:79Mb (This may vary between 61.6Mb and 79.7Mb) -

Checked on 2016-05-13 16:32:38

Current line speed:78 Mb

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad it's all sorted, I've passed the issue over to our internal support teams so this can be investigated further, I've also asked agents in my department to keep an eye out for this should it occur with any other accounts Smiley 

Willster

Hi Forum,

Just registered on the site  and thought I'd tag my issue on to this thread, hope that's okay?

I'm having the same issue as the creator of this topic, in that when I moved from SKY on 3rd May 2016 I was getting speeds of 50-55MB down and 20MB up in the first 5-7 days, now nearly a month on I've noticed a dramatic drop in speed to 19MB down and 13MB up, please see screenshots attached.

I have done various power cycling, resetting, there are no line faults according to BT, is there anything that can be done to assist?

Kind Regards

Will

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Hi @Willster

Welcome to the forums.

As a quick check, what speed is shown at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and also what is the BTW IP Profile given at the BTW Speedtest site when you run the further diagnostics test after completing the speed test?

Also are the test being ran from a computer connect via WiFi or cable to the router?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Willster

Thanks for the reply, I contacted the live chat help and they sorted it within 5 mins. All I had to do was reset the router after whatever they done at their end and speeds are back to where they should be.

kind Regards

Will

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Willster

I would suggest that all they did was to correctly set the value shown at the Plusnet Line Speed link in my previous post. As that is a classic known issue and does require a router session disconnect/connection to pick up the correct speed.

You may want to bookmark that link and check it soon to see what it should be and then in future if this issue re-occurs you know what to look for. And more importantly what needs to be fixed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT