cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another new Fibre customer - questions

scarp09

Another new Fibre customer - questions

I've just got Fibre connected this morning and am only getting D/L speeds of 5 Mbps at the moment - basically similar to my previous ADSL speeds (uploads are much faster than previous at 1.7 Mbps). When should I expect to see an improvement? Does it take a couple of days for this to kick in?
Secondly I've now got two boxes where I previously had one (a Netgear ADSL router/modem I bought myself). Is it possible to replace the two Plusnet boxes with something comparable for Fibre? I liked the ability of the Netgear to allocate IP numbers so that the various parts of my network always kept the same IP number. I can't see any way to do that with the Plusnet box.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Another new Fibre customer - questions

I've sorted that for you now.
Your speeds should be better now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
scarp09

Fantastic! Now getting 37.8 MBps down and 1.8 up.
Thanks a million!
Dogbertd
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Is it possible to replace the two Plusnet boxes with something comparable for Fibre?
Yes , have a look at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,141440.0.html
so that the various parts of my network always kept the same IP number. I can't see any way to do that with the Plusnet box.
Assuming you've got the new PN router(2704n) try the url http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html , you should find additional configuration options, one of which is the ability to fix IP allocations.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.