cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another new FTTC with reduced speed

Slarti
Hooked

Another new FTTC with reduced speed

FTTC went live Mon 19th Was getting 37 to 38 down and 1.8 to 1.9 up. Then yesterday I watched my download speed, over a couple of minutes drop down to zero, then no interconnection at all. Checked router and re-booted, got connection back but at a low 13, this morning it was down to 11, now back to 14+ This is slower than the adsl I had before. Is this normal for a new connection? If not can someone please look into it, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Slarti
Hooked

Re: Another new FTTC with reduced speed

Forgot add this screen grab yesterday.

pn.jpg

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to see your speeds are lower than expected. Could you try disconnecting a reconnecting your router and let us know if they're still low after this.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Slarti
Hooked

So what did you do at your end? The first thing I did was to check the router setup page which told me I was connected at the expected speed, but could not access the www. I then powered down, waited 10 seconds and when rebooted I was connected but at a much slower speed. I tried rebooting again over the weekend but no change. speed is now back to where I expected to be, so what has changed?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Slarti wrote:

could not access the www. I then powered down

I'm not sure what caused this to be honest.

In regards to the speeds, the speed profile on your account went to 40Mbps in line with the change to fibre, however a speed delta report then came through which changed it to 15.5Mbps, this wouldn't have affected your speeds until your next disconnect/reconnect on the 24th.

As no other speed delta reports had come through to correct this, I manually bumped it back up and the disconnect/reconnect allowed you to reconnect at the expected speeds.

This isn't generally a problem these days, however your connection is still on our 'old network'.

Glad to hear you're now seeing the expected speeds again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet