cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another engineer visit to switch to Plusnet from talktalk fibre?

tmsjns

Another engineer visit to switch to Plusnet from talktalk fibre?

I have just ordered a switch to plusnet fibre and I was told I need another engineer visit, I dont understand why I need another visit because I already have fibre so everything is ready for the switch?
Can someone explain?
11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Another engineer visit to switch to Plusnet from talktalk fibre?

If your already on Fibre you shouldn't need one but our ordering system will still say one is needed.
Leave it with me and I'll get confirmation.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Do you have a BT modem (or other suitable VDSL equipment - not sure if a Talk-talk all-in-one 'super-router' is 'locked' for use on TT lines)?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
tmsjns

Yeah I have a BT modem and a third party router and the master socket has been upgraded before when talktalk sorted the fiber. I figured it would just be a straight swap from talktalk fiber to plusnet fiber?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Wait for Matthew but my guess is they'll post you a PN router then it's just plug and play  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
tmsjns

Thats what I thought but I didnt go for the router because I have my own. I figured Id just wait for then to switch over then all is good.
We will see what Mathew says.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We're just waiting on the orders to progress before I can confirm.
I'll get someone to check tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tmsjns

I got an email confirming the telephone switch date and a text for the fiber but it says not to setup my router before the date. Its already setup because Im using it with my current supplier.
I know these are general notification text but should I switch off my connection for that day?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You will need to use your PlusNet User name and password to get your router to work. If anything like my recent swap, your existing supplier will switch off the service very early in the morning, and you will get a text and email a couple of hours later saying your new service is ready. Then all you will need to do is change the username and password on the router.
tmsjns

For the last few weeks ive not had a username or passwors for talktalk!? I changed my router and phoned them to remind myself what the usernane was. They wouldnt give it to me because it qasnt needed anymore its just plug and play!? It works but seems a bit weird. So I should get a username and password off plusnet. Im quite glad about that.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The way TalkTalk work is that  they apparently validate off the phone circuit only
tmsjns

Yeah I didnt like it. It took ages to work I had to leave it overnight for it to figure everthing out then anytime I have to restart my router it take hours to sort itself out again. Good old username and password if its not broke , dont fix it!