Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another downgrade error...

FIXED
gordy
Grafter

Another downgrade error...

Hi there

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who appear to have been downgraded even though I signed up before the cut off date last year. I can only assume this is due to the fact the person placing my orders with the wholesaler messed up and tried to order the fibre and the phone transfer together which (at the time) meant two engineer visits that I had to take days off work to facilitate were not processed, and hence no engineer showed up, and the whole issue was escalated at your end resulting in me being offered an engineer visit the very next day on the phone. I have a thread in this very forum from June 2015 that follows the issue in which Matthew Wheeler confirms I would be on the 40/20 package as I placed my order before the account changes were (silently) put in place.

6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Another downgrade error...

Fix

In your circumstance, it seem that you should remain on the 40/20 package.I'm placing an order to regrade you back.

Although we spoke about it on the thread last year, it may be that your account was 40/2 under the bonnet, and Matt Wheeler made some changes.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
gordy
Grafter

Many thanks!
danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

The package is obviously still available through BTW, but it's an 80/20 package choked to 40Mbps down by PlusNet isn't it? You make a profit, but not as much as you can with 40/2 supplied by BTW. Many BTW packages seem to have a 10Mbps Uplink version, and would be cheaper to buy, so why not offer 40/10, or the new 55/10 as your basic package?

With PlusNet basically a reseller, i cannot see why any customer should not be treated one to one anyway, in other words if anyone wants any BT package, order it for them, on a minimum contract with penalties, pay BT to deliver it at wholesale price sell it to customer at retail, (double sounds about right for it to be worthwhile and market priced). It's only a case of entering onto the billing system and collecting the monthly fee, surely?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I get your point, though we'd also need to build a CRM based connection profile in our systems, which would be time consuming for just ad-hoc 55/10 orders.

We'd also need to create a new billing component in an aging billing system, which doesn't seem rational at the moment given that there's a new system coming in soon*

*expecting a bit of flak now for mentioning this

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

MattyC  SOON !!!  new billing system Angel

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I hope it's not an "improved" billing system.