cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another IP Profile Question

evolve
Dabbler

Another IP Profile Question

Hi, I got my FTTC connection last Friday and according to the "High Speed Broadband" page my profile is 35Mb but if I do a BTW Test and then the "Further Diagnosis" it says 50.14Mb down and 20Mb up as the profile. When the Openreach engineer did the install his kit said max was just over 51Mb so that equates nicely to the 50.14 profile.
So I call the support line this morning and they said that they checked and 35Mb is correct, but they would remove the cap that their end, whatever that means. But so far it still says 35Mb and nothing has changed at this end.
The reason I originally called was that I was unable to order "Extra" and the guy on the phone said this was because I was below the limit and so wasn't an option.
Thanks in advance
Mark
11 REPLIES 11
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Another IP Profile Question

It's up to you whether you go for the Extra product or not, however keep in mind it's not going to give you a huge increase in speed.
Can you try a disconnect/reconnect from your router and see if the speeds go above the 35Mbps you're currently seeing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
evolve
Dabbler

I did the reconnect and speed tests were about the same 38Mb.
I must admit I'm a little confused, I thought the IP profile that was assigned was round about the speed you were expected to get, if so then just over 50Mb is quite a bit more than 35MB.
Mark
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

You're set at 40Mbit on our side based on the product you are on. So the throughput speed of around 38Mbps is right.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
evolve
Dabbler

So would I notice a speed improvement between 40Mb/s and 50Mb/s if I was allowed to order it? It is 25% after all!!!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

You'd get a throughput of shortly under 51.8Mbps. We can change the account type for you if you like.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
evolve
Dabbler

Yes please
evolve
Dabbler

Is there anything else I need to do my end other than disconnect and reconnect my router, or do I need to restart the modem as well, as my speeds have not changed at all Sad
Also the high speed broadband page has stayed exactly the same at max speed 35Mbps and connection 40Mbps
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Have PlusNet confirmed a change of account type, you could look for closed tickets, they may be waiting until your next billing date for accounting reasons.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Nothing has changed yet. For accountability, can you please raise me a new ticket here and post the ticket ID so I can try to get this done sooner rather than later. Thanks.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
evolve
Dabbler

Tony, I started a fault then bombed out as I didn't think I should raise a fault, but its still there its #101401952, I see you added something to it. Can you use that one, otherwise I've got no idea how to actually create new ticket, it really isn't obvious!!!
Thanks
Mark
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yea, I can use that, I just need you to comment on it to confirm that you are happy with the account change. You can do that at http://contactus.plus.net/
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team