cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I wasting money on "EXTRA"

anotherbob
Grafter

Re: Am I wasting money on "EXTRA"

An update on my question. After help from PlusNet I found that the engineer who installed my Fibre had not done  the job properly. He had told me my existing 12m phone extension lead was OK and after tests it was shown that was the cause of slow speeds. I got a £10 refund and advice to connect my modem to my router by an RJ45 cable. I did this today but the speed is unchanged. I have raised the matter with PlusNet as I hadn't closed my question, but I wondered if anyone here could say when I might see my estimated speed which is around 66?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What is the IP Profile reported when you run the BT diagnostic speed test?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The profile on our end dropped down after the engineers visit but I've increased it now.
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you should get a increase in speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
anotherbob
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you should get a increase in speeds.

Done that.....
Thanks.
Speed on Speedtest.net now 53.94 and 16.13.
I was told to expect around 66 minimum.
Is a further increase likely with use?
dragon2611
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

If you there is power near the master socket a simple solution would be to put the modem in to the master and then run an Ethernet cable to the router - that can be up to 100M with absolutely no loss of performance.

http://linitx.com/product/rf-elements-passive-poe-injectorsplitter-set/13305 - I used this to get around the power by the master socket problem, seems to power my HG612 just fine  Wink