Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I capped (again)?

FIXED
kankali
Grafter

Am I capped (again)?

I had a similar problem about 2 years ago and had to use the forum to get this fixed.

I am on the top fibre package and normally sync at 48Mb.

For the last few months it is resyncing at exactly the same value 39,950

Router screen shot attached.

I have contacted PN support - but as I am above the 32Mb min they can't be bothered to even look at the issue.

11 REPLIES 11
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Am I capped (again)?

I would say the line is banded, a GEA test would confim that although they do tend to be a couple of weeks out of date so it might not show up as such, but the Sync rate compared to the Max attainable in the stats you posted does suggest bandding is applied, one for the staff to make a removal request.    

kankali
Grafter

Many thanks for the quick response.

How do I get a GEA test run? If only PN Support can do it then I am stuck as they refused to do anything when I called in last week.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I've attached an up to date GEA below. 

I can see that due to errors on the line the speeds were reduced by DLM (line automation) back in November which seem to have cleared since.

I'm going to report this with Openreach now, I just need to set an expectation that I can't guarantee that they will be able to make much difference as I can see you've only every achieved a maximum synch speed of a few mbps above the speeds you've mentioned now. 

I'd expect you to see a difference within the next 48 if it leads to any. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kankali
Grafter

Adam,

Thank you for the help. I have had the fibre line for 18 months now and I tend to sync at 50Mb down, and 17Mb up.

Please see the attached screenshot from October 2017.

If it's syncing much lower than that then there is probably an issue with the line, which maybe why it was banded. Given the BTO min speed is laughably low (32Mb?) when I am so close to the cabinet if I do have a problem I guess I will egt no help.

Regards, David

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @kankali 

Just checked on this and you are still syncing at the max of 40Mbps for the profile as it stands - so it looks like our suppliers have yet to reset the banding. We are still within the SLA Adam provided so this isn't that surprising. 

We will check on this for you tomorrow - but as its a weekend it might be Monday before we get any update. 

All the best, 

MoR

kankali
Grafter

Hi MoR

Have your supplies managed to do anything yet?

Sync etc. seems unchanged on the hub.

Many Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the request had gone through correctly so we've added it again.

Due to the time of night it should be submitted to our suppliers tomorrow. 

Let us know how your speeds look by Friday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kankali
Grafter

Gandalf

Many thanks - an extra 20% downstream.

It's a shame this has to be escalated to the forums rather than being dealt with by the service desk.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Sorry that this wasn't sorted out when you called us, but I'm glad to hear that your speeds have improved Thumbs_Up let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kankali
Grafter

And now the upstream is fixed as well. No idea why that takes longer.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I believe a DLM reset isn't instant once it's put through, it'll slowly work its way through the appropriate actions removing downstream banding and certain parameters like g.inp off a line. Looks like it's just taken it's time with your upstream speed. Anyway I'm happy that your upload speeds have now improved too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet