cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost 1 month in to a new Fibre contract, regretting it already...

Matty1

Almost 1 month in to a new Fibre contract, regretting it already...

In December 2017 I decided to upgrade to Fibre with Plusnet (Against the recommendations of more than one acquaintance). Between December and now I've had less than 2 weeks of use from the connection. My initial connection issue required an engineer visit (Fair enough) but the connection dropped again on the 29th of December and despite calling in and requesting to log an incident, Nothing has been done (Not as far as I have seen or heard via email/Phone/Text). I can see no evidence of a case being logged and I feel like I've just been forgotten about as the contract is now in place and that's the end of it. I have tried using the online chat functionality multiple times which only ever seems to connect to an agent if I select the option about inquiring about a new product. (Clever, very very clever)

I'm pretty close to my wits end now as I've had no further communication and am still sitting without a connection  (and using copious amounts of my 4G data as a result)

I would really appreciate some/any communication as to what is happening with my issue, if anything. I suspect that due to the absence of a case being logged, Nothing is happening and being 4 days away from my next billing date, for which I will have paid 2 months fee's for less than 2 weeks use, I can't imagine there is too much interest in resolving anything in a timely manner anyway.

This is not what I would expect from a company who broadcasts how fantastic their customer service is.

Happy to be proved wrong/corrected. 

1 REPLY 1
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Almost 1 month in to a new Fibre contract, regretting it already...

@Matty1 wrote:

Nothing has been done (Not as far as I have seen or heard via email/Phone/Text). I can see no evidence of a case being logged and I feel like I've just been forgotten about as the contract is now in place and that's the end of it.

I'm afraid that if you're waiting for Plusnet to contact you then unless a Plusnet staffer picks this posting up you may be in for a long wait!

I'm afraid that unless it is picked up here then it is best to chase them either by phone or online chat. Incidently online chat does not work if you have a pop up blocker on your computer. These are sometimes hidden as a feature in web browsers.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'