cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All wifi devices down, sites not working

sarahwalsh95
Hooked

All wifi devices down, sites not working

My Internet kept going off the past 2 days, it repeatedly dropped. Today I unplugged the router for half and hour and since then the light has been blue. However the Internet is only partially working over ethernet cable, and all WiFi devices tv/alexa/mobiles won't reconnect. Even though the Internet is working over ethernet the only website that works is youtube. I can buffer and view full youtube videos but most other sites say "this site can't be reached". Googling also works but clicking a result will take me again to site not reached.
2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: All wifi devices down, sites not working

@sarahwalsh95 This sounds like your router has got itself into a muddle. First thing I would try is a factory reset - push a paper-clip or similar into the reset hole on the back of the router, keep the switch closed for 30 seconds or so, and then leave the router to reset. This may take 5-10 minutes or so, then try connecting again.

IIf this doesn't work, come back and say so.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: All wifi devices down, sites not working

Thanks for your post @sarahwalsh95 

I'm sorry for the issues you're having. Looking at your connection pictured below things don't look good at all:

Line tests are showing what's known as a high resistance fault. To rule out any issues with your equipment or internal wiring could you plug your router into the test socket explained Here making sure there's no extension cabling between your router and the telephone socket?

If you're still having issues, based on how old your router is, I think it'd be a good idea to try another router as the next step would potentially be to arrange an engineer visit (with a possible call out charge if the fault's within your property), so I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 as we may need to recontract you in order to send a new router out free of charge as your existing router's out of warranty. 

If you've tried all that I'd head on across to faults.plus.net so we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

Feel free to post back to let us know how you get on Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet