Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All sorts of reasons I lose connection

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

All sorts of reasons I lose connection

The last couple of days have been irritating to say the least. I keep getting 'lost connection' when swapping pages usually, tho' not always, on this forum.

Any thing from:

community.plus.net took too long to respond

DNS not available

Default gateway not available

and those have been within the last 7 minutes.

I had to reboot the router on Tuesday the first time it's been a problem for months.

anything else I can try from my end?

2 REPLIES 2
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: All sorts of reasons I lose connection

Hi @Mayfly

That's very strange. .

I keep getting 'lost connection' when swapping pages usually, tho' not always, on this forum.

Can I ask:

1)  If you could give an example of another site this is happening on?

2) Are you noticing it across different devices or have you just tried on one particular device?
3) Is this happening on a LAN connection or over WiFi?

A brief look at your connection has not given me any cause for concern - you have had a constant connection for over 7 days without a drop and no issues have been identified.

Thanks,

Alisdair

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: All sorts of reasons I lose connection

Hi Alisdair, it happens mainly on forums but then again that's what I mainly browse.

My connection in general is good and rock solid - I hadn't checked recently but a couple of weeks ago my connection had been up for at least 56 days.

I'm connected over wifi, main phone comes in the house via the dining room the other side of the house, tho' I do use PLA.

This mornings windows trouble shooting stated 'The connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken'.

However it did connect again and I'm posting from the device I use. I do occasionally have trouble when using my tablet.