cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After renewing my contract for 18 months now getting crappy connection speeds.

meyre68
Grafter

After renewing my contract for 18 months now getting crappy connection speeds.

So for the past 12 months I've had a perfect connection. Router connects @ 76-78Mbps ALL THE TIME.

Since renewing my contract it's been very flaky and I don't know why. My router says I'm connected at 75.87Mbps yet every single webpage takes an age to load. It's like dial up but worse. I do use a VPN and have done for the last 2 years and as I said last year with you was amazing with no drop in speed or connection while using the VPN.

Any suggestions please?

Regards

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
ungaas

Re: After renewing my contract for 18 months now getting crappy connection speeds.

Like you i renewed my contract after having a really good service, it was this that made up my mind to extend, however since then I have had nothing but lost connection or buffering almost every day. I use a wired connection so really shouldn't have too many problems.

I have recently retired which gives me much more flexibility in when i log in and have found early hours of the morning are really bad where I need to wait up to 10mins for a connection although the router indicates i am connected.

I don't like complaining but it's getting beyond my patience now but figure that once my contract is over I'm off.

Doen't help but at least your'e not alone, I wonder how many more have similar issues after renewal.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Re: After renewing my contract for 18 months now getting crappy connection speeds.

Hi @meyre68

Sorry to hear about problems with your broadband. I have tested your line and there is no fault, line is stable.

Any chance you checked if you have same problems when not using VPN and can you let us know if issues you have are on wired or wireless connection? Your profile and sync speed are correct so you should be getting correct speeds.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

meyre68
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.

I'm on a wired connection and it's the same, maybe slightly quicker without the VPN. It still took a few seconds to load this page so I could reply. Websites used to load up lightning fast.

Up until whatever this glitch is It has always been a stable connection. The best I've ever had!

Another thing is my wireless connection. My iPhone says it's connected but it too cannot get webpages to load or they take forever. Even tho the phone is 1 metre away from my router! If I turn off wifi the pages load instantly on 4G.

Is this a coincidence, or related problem?

Thank you.

mikeeyre68
Dabbler

I was somehow able to login to my old account to post the original post.

I'm on a wired connection and it's the same, maybe slightly quicker without the VPN. It still took a few seconds to load this page so I could reply. Websites used to load up lightning fast.

Up until whatever this glitch is It has always been a stable connection. The best I've ever had!

Another thing is my wireless connection. My iPhone says it's connected but it too cannot get webpages to load or they take forever. Even tho the phone is 1 metre away from my router! If I turn off wifi the pages load instantly on 4G.

Is this a coincidence, or related problem?

Today, I keep losing my connection 🤔 even tho the light on my router stays solid blue. Is my router playing up seeing as my iPhone also has connection issues via wifi.