Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After lightning storm, fibre download speed <2mbps

FIXED
steveh555
Hooked

After lightning storm, fibre download speed <2mbps

We had a lightning storm close by last night which knocked off the broadband (regular occurrence). When it eventually connected again the throughput was down to less than 2mbps.
This slow speed is whether I'm using WiFi or ethernet cable connection and whether I'm using hub 1 plugged directly into phone socket or via an openreach modem.
My hub connection shows 28.9mbps down, 6.1mbps up. Speed test using speedtest.net and the BT wholesale checker show ~2mbps down, ~5mbps up. What could be the cause of the low download speed and how do I fix this? Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
steveh555
Hooked

Re: After lightning storm, fibre download speed <2mbps

Just to add a bit more info in case it might help:  my stats from the router. I'm really not sure if noise margins and attenuations are ok or not. Cheers

20210729_173458.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hi @steveh555

Thanks for reaching out, this is an authentication issue, nice and easy to fix - hopefully Smiley

Give your router a factory reset, and follow these steps below:

1. Make sure that your device is connected to the router, open up a web browser, and in the URL Field, enter 192.168.1.254, you should now be on your Plusnet Hub One Manager.

2. Navigate to Advanced Settings, you’ll now be asked to enter your admin password, this can be found on the router itself.

3. You should now see a sub-menu, select “Broadband”. Scroll down, and click “Disconnect”

4. You should now be able to edit your Broadband Username and Password. Your Broadband Username will be accountusername@plusdsl.net, and your Password will be the one that you use to log into your online Member Centre.

5. Click “connect”, you should now be good to go.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
steveh555
Hooked

Great stuff - that did the trick! 

The router did have my username and password until last night. When the router error page showed after the connection was lost and wouldn't come back,  I tried the reset(?) option given in the router error page.......won't do that again.

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem at all @steveh555

If you have the same issue again, with the Broadband username showing up as setup@plusdsl.net, just refer back to the steps above:)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds