Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice Please

funderbird
Hooked

Advice Please

Well
I am off to a good start,  receieved a  text since the 15th, advising that my install date was going to be the 21st
and this would be confirmed within 24 hours,
But didnt hear anymore, by text or email,, so I called to today to find out was was happening ? at the same time, logging in to send a message, to find messages  online, but not to my email or text?  or my order status updated in anyway, being new to plusnet , I didnt know where else to look (i do now) and expected emails at least
anyway, I was told my order had stalled and was put through to the provisioning team,
this guy tells me , sorry your order had been cancelled !  silence,, so i asked why ? and what about the £73 i had shelled out
we need your mac code,, right i have provided that 2 weeks ago , hence the install date going ahead
then told oh,, its because there is tags on your line,  silence,,  right what does that mean exactly?
gathered its something to do with the BT exchange and existing provider
So the guy took a new order and set a date for the 28th,, and I have just fired off a mail to talk talk business about these tags on my line?
I thought Plusnet were supposed to handle the migration in full ? or at least let me know there was a problem oand my order had been cancelled?
So Any advice or help from Plusnet would be much appreciated
Cheers
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Advice Please

Hi there,
Sorry about the hassle you've had trying to get fibre. I've just been over the account including digging in to the original order that got cancelled and I think you've been given some confused information.
The 'tags' on the line represent the broadband service, the MAC you provided allows us to transfer this service in to us.
The order we originally placed was cancelled through the ordering system we use with the message of 'line incompatible for FTTC'  - this isn't something that should happen if there is fibre available. We were advised that there was 'open activity' on the line, which could mean they are updating the line records, due to this we were advised to place another order but not until this activity had completed on the 15th.
The newest order has been accepted and the appointment is due for the 28th.
I'm sorry this is not going to be installed until after you originally wanted it, but the system issues we encountered were unforeseen.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
funderbird
Hooked

Re: Advice Please

OK thanks Chris
Thats clearer now, much appreciated