Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Options in router settings

FIXED
Smeagol
Dabbler

Advanced Options in router settings

I have the plusnet hub one router, and since there are other people on my network, i wanted to change the amount of bandwidth for each device, however the options are quite limited. Do i have to get a different router, if so which one?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Advanced Options in router settings

It's not possible to do that with our router I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Smeagol
Dabbler

Would i have to get a different router that is not from plusnet?

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

If the PN router doesn't do it then, yes. There's plenty of choice on sites like EBuyer and Amazon. Just be aware that a lot of routers will require a separate modem. It might be possible to configure the PN router so that it does that however.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Smeagol
Dabbler

Thanks so much for your time and help, is there any specific router that you would recommend for gaming that would be compatible?

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Fix

@Smeagol wrote:

is there any specific router that you would recommend for gaming that would be compatible?

You'd be better off asking that on a dedicated gaming forum. In theory any router should be gaming compatible because it's just shifting data around and the vast majority of the time that's true. But some gaming consoles and routers have been known to have compatibility issues. Sony in particular seem to have a habit of doing something odd that can cause problems.