cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add another unhappy customer - not impressed

shure
Grafter

Add another unhappy customer - not impressed

So I'm due to get Fibre tomorrow.  All excited.  Reading the horror stories of others on here I decided to ring today and confirm it was OK.  Er, no.  "There seems to be a problem with your order.  I'll transfer you to Provisioning."  Well, it's a good job my phone's hands-free, I can tell you.  Have to go out soon so won't be able to speak to this mythical Provisioning team, despite going through what appears to be the entire iTunes catalogue.
I rang on Monday, BTW, just to make sure everything was on track.  No problems reported then.  So looks like my hopes for Fibre tomorrow are dashed, without so much as  a courtesy call or email from PN to tell me not to bother taking the day off work.
You useless, bl**dy lot Angry
27 REPLIES 27
shure
Grafter

Re: Add another unhappy customer - not impressed

Update on the above.
Just spoke to a very helpful chap on the Provisioning team, who I have to say came across very professionally and efficient.  The news wasn't great, but the way he handled it was.
Now the bad bit:
Turns out that there is an existing automated order on my line to upgrade it to 21CN, which is preventing my Fibre order from going through.  This was made in July and was due to go live on the 3rd August, but for some reason didn't.  It's still on the line now and the PN chap couldn't cancel it (BT have gone home), so will try and sort it tomorrow.  So at present I have no Fibre order and no means of placing one until this is resolved.  Which brings me to the following questions:

1. Why did the Customer Services Representative who originally placed my order not spot the fact that there was a block on the line?
    2.  Why did the CSR I spoke to on the 18th, to check on the status of the order, tell me that it was progressing fine, when that would have been impossible?  They could not have been looking at my file and must have been, as they say, economical with the truth.
    3.  Why in the name of all that's holy do you not inform a customer when there is a problem, instead of letting him a) take time off work for an install that is never going to happen and b) have to ring PN himself to find out?

I'd like to take the opportunity to quote the following from your Plusnet Code of Practice:
"We're committed to offering the highest levels of service within our industry; therefore you can be assured that we take all customer issues seriously."
One wonders how low the bar in the industry must be if this is the kind of "service" which may be called "highest level."  And why on earth do you not use a system that makes it impossible for a CSR to place an order in the first place if there is an issue on the line?  If there is such a system, then you need to fire whoever is responsible for training as they are clearly rubbish at their job.
I'm really upset that I'm not getting the service I'd ordered.  To make matters worse, I know someone on the County Broadband Project Team and they were going to send someone round tomorrow to take pictures of the first Fibre install in the village for their PR campaign.  I just wish they could publish this total c*ck up instead.
ttattfield

I've had my install but been waiting over 2 months for it to work Plusnet customer service stinks!  Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to here but I'm totally fed up and no one at Plusnet even has the decency to keep in touch.
shure
Grafter

Just passed the 1 hour mark on hold to Provisioning, as it appears nothing has been done to chase BT up yet. 
shure
Grafter

So, latest update:
Provisioning have managed to get the 21CN order cancelled and have expedited my order to next Wednesday (assuming my modem gets here by then!), which I'm happy with.  Well done Provisioning.
However, the email confirmation I received today has me on the lower 40Mbps product, while I negotiated the price for the higher.  The price is as agreed, which means I'm now paying the price for Extra but only getting Unlimited.  I rang Customer Services who agreed I should have been put on the Extra but advised me to wait until installation as any changes now might put my order back.  I'm fine with that in principle as I'd rather not see any further delays.
However, it does beg the question: how is it possible to make so many errors for a simple fibre upgrade?  I mean, this is your bread and butter, surely?  I'm not asking you for a bespoke service.  Everything I want you should be able to do with your eyes closed: you must do hundreds of these things.  How hard can it be?!
Everybody I speak to is very nice and accommodating.  But somehow when the phone gets put down it all goes to pot.  Is it training?  Is it your systems?  Is it poor internal communication?  How much time, and money, has been wasted sorting out my one - very straightforward - upgrade?  You couldn't make this stuff up.
I've not had any reply or even acknowledgement from Plusnet on the questions I have raised so far, so doubtless this one will disappear into the ether, too.  I've always been very positive about PN and always recommended them to all who will listen.  But this "service" is anything but.  While the people involved are all very keen to help and I can't fault their attitude, the whole thing comes across as a complete Keystone Cops operation.  It's shockingly amateur and I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Dodger21
Grafter

I do hope your install takes place this time but I had 3 missed calls by OR on the same fault, so be aware it is not written in stone.
OR should be made to pay the end user the same amount for missed appointments, as they charge for faulty home wiring.
keyholder
Grafter

Quote from: shure
  It's shockingly amateur and I can't be the only one this has happened to.

Nope, you're not. 
When i first signed upto PN everything went ok , except the fact that it took over 2 weeks for me to be taken off an ADSL profile and put on a fiber profile, even thoe i was moving from EE to PN. 
No one in here sorted it, I ended up ringing into PN  TWICE and asking why am i on a adsl profile,  - i got 2 replys, first guy said it takes over 1 hour to sort out, Other guy said, " yep all sorted , plz reboot your modem " and voila i was on my correct speed.
IVe now had my ping increased by 15+ ms (min 35ms ), whist another line into this house runs on min 15ms.  Go Figure.
Personally even from the little run around youve had id go else where, If the staff can not get simple things right that are on the screen in front of them , then its time to go esle where. 
shure
Grafter

Hot off the press.
Spoke to PN today.  Again, person I spoke to couldn't have been more accommodating but BT have rejected the expedite request.  However, it seems the reason they have given has been found to be false so PN are pushing them.  These things are sent to try us, it seems.  Does sound like PN is on the case so credit to them for that.
However, what is less praiseworthy is that my Openreach modem, which was supposed to have been winging its way to me last Friday, it still lying in all its shrink-wrapped glory on someone's desk at PN.  Apparently, while they booked the modem in the notes they didn't actually send it, which means even had OR done the install this week I wouldn't have been able to do anything with it.  Oh, joy.
So the very nice PN lady in Provisioning promised to send it to me today.  No offence intended to her but I've reached the stage where sceptical doesn't begin to describe how I view any PN promises at the moment.  Even she commented that things have gone from bad to worse and to her credit she offered a goodwill gesture.  Which is very nice and appreciated but tbh I just want to see this mythical fibre connection get off the ground.  Maybe I should open a sweepstake on which day/week/month I'll actually see it?
axlstod
Grafter

think I could well be having the same trouble as you even the 21cn order on my line which I was assured wouldn't affect my order, then yesterday I thought mmmm where's my router so I got in touch with customer services who explained that they didn't know how it happened but my router hasn't been sent out (bt bring the openreach modem with them) and now on installation date the engineer doesn't show up. the guy from provisioning team doesn't know why they haven't shown up but assures me it'll be sorted in the next 72hrs. Sad
shure
Grafter

well I just got a text now saying my router is in the post.  Please, god, no...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The BT engineer provides the modem, Plusnet provide a router.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shure
Grafter

Not in my case.  I've opted for a self-install as I already have a MK3 faceplate.  PN are supposed to be sending me a modem, not a router.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you already got a suitable router (i.e. one with an Ethernet WAN port)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shure
Grafter

Yes, I'm good to go.  Have an Asus RT-N66u router which I'm using on my existing ADSL connection.  It's just a question of plugging in my Openreach modem once I get it (and the engineer visits the cabinet, of course).
shure
Grafter

Episode 21 - A New Hope
Got my ECI modem today.  Rang PN, who after kindly letting me listen to the iTunes back catalogue confirmed that my fibre install was planned for the 15th.  Er, what?  Got through to Provisioning and a helpful chap there who saw that no-one had followed up the expedite request with OR :'(.  Got on the e-chat with them and, long story short, got them to arrange an install for this Monday 7th in the morning.  So well done helpful PN guy and I'm keeping everything crossed since then.
Not particularly happy that I've probably spent at least 4 hours on the phone to PN trying to sort this mess out, but at last I can see light at the end of the tunnel