Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add BT sport app to my Fibre Broadband

FIXED
navyblue

Add BT sport app to my Fibre Broadband

Hi guys,

I am a new fibre customer, waiting for activation (that's fine, not here to complain about that).

I have seen I can add the BT Sport App package (for additional 5 pounds). I attached a screenshot showing the offer I am talking about.

I have two questions:
- Can I really access the web player from a normal PC browser?

- Can I chromecast a channel from the App (on my Android smartphone) to my TV?

The reason why I am asking and I am skeptical about it is because I currently have the BT Sport App with BT itself, and I am not able to do neither of the 2 things.
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

5 REPLIES 5
yfront
Grafter

Re: Add BT sport app to my Fibre Broadband

I can do both with Plusnet so unable to see why should have a problem whilst you were with BT.

Can you Chromecast YouTube clips to your TV?

navyblue

Thanks for the reply

BT app blocks both functionalities if you are a BT mobile customer and add the BT sport App package. Don't ask me why, but those features are blocked for me at the moment!

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Fix

I got the BT Sport App when I was still on PlusNet ADSL running around 3-4 download and had no problems either watching on-line or send the picture to my TV via Chromecast.

Only thing that bugs me is the App demands third party cookie permissions (which I have blocked on my main PC). If I watch on my Chromebook I wipe all cookies afterwards.

Brian

navyblue

cheers guys for the help

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

Added the BT Sport App package last night, within the hour I was watching an old Forest V Liverpool game cast from my iPad to the bedroom TV......