Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation query

FIXED
Rickys
Hooked

Activation query

Hi just a query regarding my activation: My phone line was up & running on the 11th Sept & My hub arrived on 20th.

I believe it's around 5 working days ish from the date the line is activated for broadband to be online, I understand this can vary.

The order tracker states Line is active, payment taken & hub dispatched but Broadband activation date shows - {strCustActivationDate}

Its not an issue just wondering if it's out of sync or if slight delay.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Activation query

Fix

Hi @Rickys

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear you've not had the activation date communicated to you, you've not long to wait.

I have responded via a ticket with the exact date for you, you can view this here

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rickys
Hooked

Hi Warwick thanks for the reply. No apology necessary and appreciate the update on my activation date.

I was just confused by the order tracker. The tracker is still all out of sync but it's no issue as I now know my activation date thanks to you.

Greatly appreciated & thanks again.

Kind regards.

Ricky
Rickys
Hooked

Sorry 1 last query regarding this thread.

Are there any circumstances in which it is or can be activated early? Ive seen other threads where the user has done so but am unsure on the circumstances.

Thanks again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem thanks for getting back to us Ricky,

The few instances where we’ve activated an account early are where they’re obvious signs that all the necessary work is carried out, but the order just isn’t completed yet in the supplier systems. 

One of the signs is if your router is in sync to the equipment at the cabinet (The green box in the road), and you’d see a solid broadband light on your router as a result. Although even then there may be other work in the background we can’t see, which haven’t completed yet that’s necessary for you to get a connection.

By activating your account early, it’ll start the billing (What you’ve paid in your initial fee will begin) and if you can’t connect you’ll be paying for a service you don’t have until the order completes. 

So it’s a bit of a gamble and one we don’t normally take unless we’re absolutely sure it’ll work. It may be worth setting up your router to see if you get a solid broadband light and if you have a Hub One, log into it at http://192.168.1.254 navigating to the Troubleshooting then Helpdesk tab and check if there’s ‘DSL Uptime’ and a ‘Data Rate’.

If you do decide to check this feel free to let us know what you see.

Sorry for the long read! Hope this helps though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet