Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day, No broadband!!!

Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Activation day, No broadband!!!

Hello,
Just after a bit of advice. I moved over from BT and my activation date was yesterday 12/8. The line went dead at midnight 11/8 and I later got a text to say my phone is now activated.
I had been patiently waiting for my broadband to come on but nothing is happening. I just have a steady orange light.
I'm using a HH5 and have entered my username and password in the router settings page.
When I check the plusnet order tracker is still says we are testing your line with about another 3 points to finish. It seems like it has been stuck on the same point for days and now I'm concerned it's going to be an issue.
Is this normal for plusnet? Have BT screwed up?
i have also tried a factory reset on the router with no joy.
I hope I have made the right choice
17 REPLIES 17
Blake
Grafter

Re: Activation day, No broadband!!!

Your account may not be active with plusnet yet is my guess as it's unlikely to be a fault.
Probably best giving them a quick ring Wink
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Thanks,
I gave them a call as soon as they were open.
The chap could see that my phone was active ok. But he had no reference to any broadband order.
So yes, definitely an activation issue. What worries me is how long this is going to take to sort out, especially if they can't even find my order,
I have been promised a call back at 9am and they will put me through to the orders team.
Just hoping it's a simple fix.
Would it have something to do with open reach needing to sort it out at the green cabinet?
Twamly
Hooked

Hi,
I had exactly the same issue one the same dates.
Spoke to the order team and it turned out that BT OpenReach had done their bit, but it didn't automatically get processed by PlusNet.
They pushed it though manually and the broadband was up and running within a minute.
Hopefully it will be a quick fix for you as well.
Twamly
p.s. Very impressed with Plusnet customer services.  Glad I made the switch.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Lattridge1984
Unfortunately there's an exception showing on the order, I can see one of my colleagues has already chased this up and we've been asked to review on the 15th.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Yeah,
Got a call back on time as promised and it turns out it's a problem with the suppliers.
Didn't surprise me as I have had this issue when I signed up with sky.
To be fair, I have been impressed with plusnet customer services so far. And I can't blame them when it's out of their control.
hopefully will be up and running soon.
Also, it's nice to see staff are monitoring posts. Makes you more confident that it's being taken care of.
Many thanks
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
My order status is now all saying my line is activated and everything is complete and that the first payment is going to be taken.
Yet I still have no broadband connection,
Is there still anything you have to do your end?
Have open reach done there bit?
Everything is set up on my router correctly as far as I'm aware,
Please look into this for me. I would like to start using my broadband again ASAP as everything we do inc TV relies on a broadband connection.
Many thanks.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately the date to check back is still showing as tomorrow, the exception is still outstanding and hasn't been cleared yet. As soon as that's sorted you should be able to get online straightaway as everything on our side is in place.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
I appreciate your reply.
So have I got this right. My line is all set up and activated. It's just because there is something on my account that is stopping me connecting. As soon as this has been cleared off my account my internet will connect.
I noticed I had an email yesterday to say a bt engineer was coming out to my property. I am assuming this was just a generic email?
I have all my details set up correctly on my home hub 5. Do I need to reset it today or will the light just go blue when a connection is made?
Thank you
DumbLemon

I have exactly the same problem, I haven't contact support yet as I havent had time but will do this morning. My order was meant to go through on the 12th, moved from BT who cut all my services, my Phone is now working but Fibre is not!
DumbLemon

Resolved Smiley activated manually
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Quote from: DumbLemon
Resolved Smiley activated manually

Can I ask how, I have the bt home hub 5 and can't see a way to input ip addressed manually, just username and password.
Thanks
gwyndy
Dabbler

In theory, you shouldn't need to.
As Plusnet is part of BT, you should only need to change Username and Password, that worked for me anyway.
There is a guide here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113872.msg1259024.html#msg1259024
I'm having some problems maintaining a stable connection, but that may just be because the router hasn't bedded in.
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

So still no internet,
I really don't understand what the reason is that I can't connect yet?
What does having an exception on the account actually mean?
I know having broadband is not a matter of life and death, but seeing as we do everything through the Internet, it's getting a little fustrating to say the least.
Not to mention I'm paying for a service that I am yet to receive....
I understand it's a Sunday so wasn't expecting today, but is it possible I might actually get on tomorrow as its a business working day?
Lattridge1984
Dabbler

Chris,
Any chance you could take another look at this for me?
Thanks