cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date today, Fault already...

Jayappleaddict
Dabbler

Activation date today, Fault already...

So my install and activation date is today, sadly Plusnet have messed this one up a bit, my line died yesterday from Sky. And my line came back up today landline calls only Sad My fibre has a fault already. What could be wrong, guy on phone wasn't very knowledgeable felt like blind leading the blind. Anybody who can help please?  Shocked
4 REPLIES 4
Jayappleaddict
Dabbler

Re: Activation date today, Fault already...

So after a full day of troubleshooting if been told the fault is -"Line no sync with no indicative cause"- what does this mean in lay mans terms please? Thanks
Blake
Grafter

Just means that your openreach modem is unable to communicate with the telephone exchange.
Moving from an LLU provider back on to the BT Network often uncovers a fault initially as the network you are now using was dormant and unused until your line was activated.
The no indicative cause part is just saying that line tests have not found any line fault or problem with the equipment that could be causing the issue.
An engineer will find and resolve the cause of the fault.
You will be ok once it's been fixed, it is almost definitely just a teething problem from one network to another Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looks like there's an engineer booked for today, fingers crossed they can sort this out for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Jayappleaddict
Dabbler

Not good. Open reach don't seem to have a clue and plus net are just as confused. Help