Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation date changed.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Activation date changed.

When wifey ordered fibre from Plusnet, we were given a date of the 27th Feb. Now she got a text saying it will be 3rd March. We have already recieved our phone number but was wondering why the date has changed. I hope we're not going to be given yet another date when the 3rd draws near.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
16 REPLIES 16
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Activation date changed.

I'm sorry to hear of this delay. I'm not finding your account from your forum details, can you private message me with your username please?

Thank you for your PM. I've checked your account, and I'm not sure where you were advised of the 3rd. I can see we sent you an email and text that advises the service should go live on the 6th.

Looking into the order, I can see it's hit a delayed state at the moment. I'll check back up on the progression tomorrow to make sure things to through.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Hmmm...first the 27th Feb, then 3rd March, now 6th March. Plusnet were fast enough at taking payment..the least they can do is stick to the date first given. I hope this doesn't turn into another talktalk incident. That's 1 reason for leaving them, not sticking to what they promised.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The 27th February was a provisional date that we requested of our suppliers. This appears to have been pushed back due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid.

As per the initial welcome email we sent you on the day of your signup, delays can happen unfortunately. Really sorry for the issues and I will update you tomorrow with the progress.

What happens next?
------------------
We'll get your broadband and phone service switched over as soon as we can. This normally takes a minimum of 10 full working days
Your current service should carry on working as normal. You may experience a small amount as downtime as we switch your service and then you'll be up and running
* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

O.K....Thanks Thumbs_Up

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just planning on checking up on your order, I'm unable to locate your account now. Sad

Can you private message me with your username please?

Thanks.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Got message from Plusnet, Activation date changed again.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Message sent. Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can confirm that your orders are now committed, which means they're in progress for the 6th March.

I'm unsure where you were advised any different dates as the communication we've sent you has only advised the 6th (apart from the initial requested date of the 27th Feb).

Apologies for the delay.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Had 2 by phone call, and the other 2 by text, I will be stuck in the middle of 2 ISP's who both want paying and I have no control over.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

When the service is transferred over on the 6th March, your current/soon to be previous ISP should be providing you with a refund of any overcharges to be honest.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I rather suspect that because it's over the 20 day cooling off period, previous ISP will charge me because I'll be in contract with them. Sad

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As the orders were in place before the cooling off period, I'm not sure they should do that. Transfer orders are a minimum of 10 working days, so if they say you have to have fully transferred out within 20 days, that doesn't leave much leeway.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thanks to those who helped to sort out this problem. You all rock. Thumbs_Up

Will wait and see what happens next. Roll_eyes

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Well, now I know what's happened next. Because of leaving talktalk after cooling off period (27th Feb) I now have to pay them £268.28. Angry