cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Day, Confirmation Received via Text but Hub is orange and b is turning on and off?

FIXED
ParkInLondon
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Activation Day, Confirmation Received via Text but Hub is orange and b is turning on and off?

Hi everyone,

After 4 weeks of waiting (and paying...) today was supposed to be my activation day for the Fibre broadband service.

I received a text during the day confirming the activation and the Fibre service is now shown as live in my online account.

However, after hooking up the router I only receive an solid orange light in the end and a red(?) b that is periodically turned on and back off every minute or so.

The router is hooked up according to the included instructions.

What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Activation Day, Confirmation Received via Text but Hub is orange and b is turning on and off?

Sorry to hear your connection isn't working.

We've tested your line and it's showing a issue that may require a engineers appointment.

So we can investigate further firstly can you run through our troubleshooting guides here and let us know how you get on. If you're still having issues after carrying these checks out please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it. This will allow us to get your issue picked up straight away and escalated to the relevant team

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ParkInLondon
Hooked

Re: Activation Day, Confirmation Received via Text but Hub is orange and b is turning on and off?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for replying.

I started going through the videos as per your suggestion:

1) I cannot check my phone line because I do not own a landline phone.

2) The microfilter is employed correctly.

3) This step is interesting:

I recently moved flats in the same building. Both have a very similar layout and the phone sockets are located in the same  room. However, in the previous flat we had a mastersocket that looked liked one of those in the videos. Now, we have the one in the picture attached. In addition it is also located in another wall in the same room. There is no additional socket (or any trace of one) in the same location as in the old flat.

Might this be an issue? Are all flat equipped with master sockets like in the videos? We live in a building from the 50s that has been refurbished recently and it could imagine the landlord has swapped the face plates for design reasons.

ParkInLondon
Hooked

I just made another observation: It appears that the b is in fact orange and not red. As the hue of the b is darker than the orange of the led bar above it, I initially assumed it was red. But now after I pulled out the broadband cable while the router was switched on, the b turned even more reddish and started blinking at a much higher frequency...

So it appears that I have an constantly lit orange bar and an orange b that stay lit for about 50sec before it is switched off for 10sec.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ParkInLondon,

Thank you for running through the troubleshooting checks and for confirming how things are looking on your side in terms of the master socket and the lights on the router.

From what you've said, it could potentially be the face plate of the master socket that is causing this issue. I'd recommend that you try connecting to the test socket behind the face plate to see if this resolves the problem. Please see the guide here for instructions on how to connect to the test socket.

If the issue persists once you've connected to the test socket, please report it here and let us know when this has been done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
ParkInLondon
Hooked

Fix

There was an issue with the assigned port. A BT engineer had to come and do external work to fix it. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot for the update. We're really glad to see that's been resolved. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team