Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Date for Fibre

FIXED
mcyates
Grafter

Activation Date for Fibre

Sorry for another activation thread. 

Basically I ordered Fibre over the weekend and I got a date of 4th November, I didn't add hardware to the order as I thought my old router would work, but I found out it wouldn't so I contacted support to order a new router and I asked what my activation date would be and he said the 8th.

I've done the ADSL checker for my phone number and its below.

Capture.PNG

I'm just wondering when the service will go live and also, can I use the new router for my current broadband until the fibre starts?

My Football Forum - http://www.myfootballforum.com
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Activation Date for Fibre

Fix

In the additional information below the actual product &estimate information you should see something like

There is an open order ... due to complete on ...

That should be your activation date but the 8th sounds about right. The 4th would have been the requested date and tthe 8th would have been committed taking into account BT Engineer availability.

Note that you will probably get an email on the 4th saying that 'your product change is complete' , ignore it , it's wrong!. The system seems incapable of changing what it 'thinks' is the activation date from the initlal requested one to the actual assigned oneRoll_eyes

Assuming your new router is going to be the Hub one, then it will work on both ADSL & Fibre and so , yes you can use it as soon as you get it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mcyates
Grafter

I received thsat email today, the connection settings on the member area say 80mb but eh router says 19 max data. 

Guess i'll just have to wait until next weekend to use the fast broadband as I work away during the week.

My Football Forum - http://www.myfootballforum.com
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

There's not much I can add to what MisterW has said, but I can confirm your fibre order is due to complete on 08/11/16.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet