Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Router early?

FIXED
soupbowl
Hooked

Activate Router early?

It's been three days without internet after moving into our new flat. We have sat in silence staring at each other with nothing to communicate about from Facebook. Watching TV is now impossible as our accompanying devices show 'no internet', and working has become impossible because I can't Google any random thing wilst working. We scramble for the last bit of 3G connection and fight to the death to send a Tweet.

In all seriousness, our router has arrived and a text says it will be activated Friday. I was wondering if we hook it up now can it be activated early or will it cause problems?
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Activate Router early?

You could always try talking to each other. It's rather an old fashioned means of communication but it still works.

Seriously though I'm afraid that it comes down to Openreach engineer availabilty.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @soupbowl 

I'm afraid that we are unable to get the service activated earlier than the scheduled date due to our suppliers workload. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

soupbowl
Hooked

There's only so much Fraser and everybody loves Raymond that I can take!

Thanks guys. So the only way I can speed it up is to very quickly qualify as an Openreach engineer and set the ISP connection myself? Drat!
soupbowl
Hooked

Openreach has text me saying the line is active now. They survived the perilous battle with the Green Box of Doom and have lived to tell the tale. Does that mean I can activate now? I've plugged in the router, but it's come out with an orange light and red broadband light. Probably the router angrily telling me to wait! Tried re-logging my DSL credentials but I'm not sure if it did anything (soupybowl).

Sorry to be an overexcited child about this, but it would mean I can remotely work without exceeding my phone's data limit.

Latest event log entry was
PPP LCP Send Termination Request [Failed to authenticate ourselves to peer]
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hi @soupbowl 

I've made a few manual amendments which should allow a connection to be established. 

It may be worth disconnecting the DSL and reconnecting it after a few minutes to force a new session attempt. 

Thanks,

MoR

soupbowl
Hooked

THANK YOU! My light literally went blue as you posted that response, thank you for doing that!
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries @soupbowl 

Give me a yell if i can ever be of more help. 

All the best, 

MoR