cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal weekend speeds

davenos
Rising Star

Abysmal weekend speeds

I have noticed that over the last few weeks my speeds at weekends are dropping like a stone.
Yesterday i had a maximum of 16mbps and right now my download speed is sitting at just over 3mbps what the heck is going on.
I cannot run the BT test as when i try the further diagnostic i get a browser timeout error no matter which browser i use,i am testing via a wired connection.
10 REPLIES 10
davenos
Rising Star

Re: Abysmal weekend speeds

Well its not just at weekends the speed is shockingly bad tonight its just 5.16mbps so i guess im suffering from congestion do i need to report it as a fault via the website or is it best to call.
davenos
Rising Star

Well still no reply from anyone at PlusNet do they ignore certain problems on here or is the forum woefully understaffed?
Anyway just incase someone from Plusnet decides to read this my throughput drops to between 3 and 5mbps the second 6pm hits so you need to arrange for someone to sort out the congestion as its making the connection almost unusable.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you reported a fault?
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If you want to report a problem officially then you are best off doing so here:  http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/
The forums are staffed by volunteers and occasionally looked at by PN staff - its not an official channel for complaints , though some issues are taken up by PN staff members. It is unlikely to  be possible to identify you and your account from a post on this forum !
dick:green URL link fixed.
davenos
Rising Star

Yes i reported a fault on Monday but still no contact at all.
I see PlusNet have one down the same route as Sky with the forum then which is a shame and makes this place almost redundant as all that can be suggested here is call or report a fault.
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Did you complete the fault checking process?
  if you have a reference number / ticket number you might try quoting it here and then asking if a member of PN staff could update you on the progress.
  If not I suggest you try a phone call. Be patient !
davenos
Rising Star

Problem seems to be solved it was not congestion it looks like it was a faulty Hive meter that i recently had installed,I've had it checked and replaced today and so far no speed issues tonight.
runhare
Aspiring Pro

Ah so the bees have been the cause of the problem then Grin
davenos
Rising Star

Yep it sure was..new technology its great isn't it  Smiley
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team