cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal VDSL2 Speeds..

y_ali

Abysmal VDSL2 Speeds..

When I decided to switch to plusnet fibre over a year ago, they promised me line speeds of 10-13mbps give or take 1mb. In the beginning I used to get 10mb and it was stable, but over the past 6 months it had gradually decreased and stabilised at 8mb.. well below what they offered.

However, I am now severely disappointed because during the last week it has dropped to 4mb for no apparent reason. To rub salt into the wound I found a "plusnet pro add-on" which makes sure that they prioritise your data over others.. i thought net neutrality was supposed to be enforced in the UK.

Considering that I am paying on average £40 a month to plusnet for a terrible service can anyone recommend a better provider? I cannot get virgin unfortunately..

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Abysmal VDSL2 Speeds..

Hi @y_ali

You definitely should be syncing at higher speeds than that. Are you ok to fill out the troubleshooter here?

To rub salt into the wound I found a "plusnet pro add-on" which makes sure that they prioritise your data over others.. i thought net neutrality was supposed to be enforced in the UK.

I'm not sure this is relevant in honesty. The pro add on just changes the way your usage is prioritised. Net neutrality is more in the realms of censorship and blocking websites.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Abysmal VDSL2 Speeds..

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the reduced speeds. Have you tried the steps on our online faults troubleshooter?

http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team