cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely terrible service

Mokey
Hooked

Absolutely terrible service

We have been with plusnet for around 5 years of so and recently decided to reduce the fibre speed we're paying for as we can only get about 50mb/s on our line so didn't see much point in paying extra over just getting 38mb/s. We contacted customer support and got a new contract for 18 months for 38mb/s. When doing a speedtest today I noticed that our upload speed had dropped to 2mb/s from about 10-12. We queried this and got told that was the highest upload speed we could get on the regular fibre which we were not told at any point during making the new contract, looking on the website I also can't see the upload speed mentioned anywhere apart from on the sales page where it says we should expect to receive 0-9mb/s. I can't say whether all this is from a deliberate attempt to mis-sell the product for better profit or is simply a case of astonishing incompetence but either way we've had the contract reverted and will be leaving for a new supplier as soon as possible.

http://i.imgur.com/kuTBkFr.png

15 REPLIES 15
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Absolutely terrible service

Well you were lucky to find it , previously it was not shown there Crazy2

It was hidden in the Legal bit at the bottom of the drop down , they previously did have a 55/10 connection which has been superceded by their ,,, Follow TalK TalK   40/2 offer Crazy2

Several posts complaining about the megere 2 upload falling on deaf ears at Plusnet towers Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

According to the screen shots the upload is either 0-9Mb or 0-19Mb.

Zero?

Something's not right there.

Mokey
Hooked

If I put in details for somewhere else nearby it shows 1-2mb/s for upload, it just seems to be if I input our own details then it comes up with a message saying we're already customers and then displays 0-9mb/s.

Can someone else who has plusnet fibre already try clicking on the "start your order" button on a fibre package, putting in your postcode and phone number and seeing what speed it shows (if any) on the packages page after closing the "our records show you already have plusnet broadband" popup?

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Nice find @Mokey, I've just tried it the way you described and get the same as you!

This definitely needs staff input @Gandalf ? are you around ?

ETA screenshot

2017-08-18.PNG

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I get the same results.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Mokey
Hooked

About a week later and yet more issues. After telling us the speed would be changed back to fibre extra speeds due to cancelling the new contract we did a speed test and found the speed was still on 40/2, got in touch with support a few days ago who messed around with the connection (got us to turn off router, etc) and said it should all be sorted, now 2 days later we're still getting the exact same speed (though no doubt we're still paying the full price).

Mokey
Hooked

Just found out we've had an email through from Plusnet saying we're going to be charged £254.16 for "moving the phone service before the end of the minimum term" in addition to further charges when our broadband changes as well. Can we get a response from Plusnet to tell us why we are being threatened over a contract that was falsely sold and cancelled and when the original minimum term finished years ago?

1.png

Mokey
Hooked

So, we decided to get in touch with Plusnet again after receiving a physical letter saying they were charging us over £250 for ending the contract early, and because the speed still hadn't gone back up. After about an hour total on the phone the technician I spoke to said that it wouldn't actually be possible to put our speed back up due to us leaving and confirmed that the person I spoke to before had no clue what they were talking about.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I see that this Topic has not had a Plusnet 'Touch' on the various issues raised.  Perhaps @Gandalf will pop in if he's about today?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

yes @MauriceC  14 days and NO Plusnet input is ridiculous  Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Mokey

Sorry to see your thread appears to have been missed.

Apologies if you weren't advised of the 2mbps upload speed during the sales call. We'll get this reviewed and feedback passed on where appropriate.

Unfortunately it looks like when you changed your product back to Unlimited Fibre Extra we couldn't place the order to regrade your service with our suppliers because of a pending cease on the line.

If there's anything I can do to help keep you as a customer please let me know.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf

I think the OP would like some help with the ridiculous £254.16 charge for cancelling the phone contract after having such a bad experience with the broadband downgrade.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I can see the contract has been written off last week so no ETCs will be applied.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mokey
Hooked

@Gandalf

We've been sent an email today that is saying our bill will be going out in a few days (08/09/17) and will charging us £45.98 for next month in advance even though the contract should be ending on 07/09/17? Is it normal procedure to charge full price for an entire month when at most the contract will only be valid for about 2 days? Also worth noting that this charge includes the full price for fibre extra which plusnet have decided they can no longer provide (but are happy to charge for another month of in advance).

Out of personal interest you said that you could see that the contract had been written off last week. Is it by looking at the ip my posts are coming from that you were able to like me with the fibre account as I didn't actually provide any details of it. Huh