cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to be activated but no idea of speeds?

chubsta
Grafter
Fixes: 1

About to be activated but no idea of speeds?

Apparently my 'welcome email' should have details of the service i can expect but it only says this...

Your line speed

Here's all the speed details you need to know.
Unlimited Fibre Extra has an average speed of Mb download and Mb upload.
At peak times, we estimate that you'll get the following speeds on your line:
Download:
Upload:
Your Minimum Guaranteed Speed wasn't available at the point you placed the order but we'll continue to place your order as agreed with you.
Some additional estimates:
Maximum download speed: Mb, Maximum upload speed: Mb, Minimum upload speed: Mb

The speeds above are based on data provided by our supplier. Your actual speed may vary and there are a number of things that may affect your broadband speed such as the distance you are from the exchange, phone wiring to and in your home, how busy the Internet and our network are and if you're using multiple devices at the same time – find out why your speeds can vary.

Any idea how i can find the figures?

3 REPLIES 3
chubsta
Grafter

Re: About to be activated but no idea of speeds?

bumpity bump...
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @chubsta

Thanks for getting in touch.

It looks like those fields are blank because the estimates weren't available at the point where you placed the order - our website should have flagged this to you and confirmed that you were OK to proceed on that basis.

I've tried to put your phone number into the BT Speed check website (http://dslchecker.bt.com) but unfortunately as this is a new line there's no data available at this stage.

If you give us a nudge once all your services are up and running, we should be able to provide you with further information accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

chubsta
Grafter

Thanks for the replies, got activated today and have had a hell of a time stting my home network up, not Plusnets fault, just have a very complicated setup with cctv cameras etc....

Anyway, speeds are disappointingly low at the moment so hopefully the DLM will do a good job and improve them. My account now says...

Your broadband service

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 50 - 71Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 16 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 45.7Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 78Mbps

the router stats show...

6. Data rate: 16905 / 51456
7. Maximum data rate: 17037 / 59805
8. Noise margin: 6.1 / 6.1
9. Line attenuation: 18.6 / 16.5
10. Signal attenuation: 18.4 / 16.6

I have previously been getting 62Mbps with Sky so i will be very disappointed of it doesnt remain that high, would kind of defeat the object of moving...