cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS N55U to Openreach modem

jjc
Grafter

ASUS N55U to Openreach modem

Can anyone give me instructions on the setup of the N55U so I can use it with the Openreach modem, I have looked on here and tried to piece together the info but I must be doing something wrong or missing something as I cannot get it to work  Embarrassed
All the steps to move from ADSL to connecting to the OR modem would be great.
Thanks in anticipation
John
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: ASUS N55U to Openreach modem

Hi,
I don't have any direct experience of this unit myself I'm afraid, but this post seems to suggest that you might need a firmware update http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134429.0.html .  Once that's done it seems to say that the setup wizard will have the correct settings for PlusNet and all you then need to do is enter your useranem/password ( the same as for ADSL ).
I assume the firmwares are here https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSLN55U_Annex_A/HelpDesk_Download/
Hope that helps 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jjc
Grafter

Thanks, all now working, the wizard did it  Smiley
For info though you seem to have to be connected to the OR modem before running the wizard.
John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

For info though you seem to have to be connected to the OR modem before running the wizard.
Very likely. Using the wizard, I would guess that it tries to detect a connection on either the DSL port or the EWAN(Lan port). If the Modem isn't connected then it won't detect a connection on the EWAN port and will (probably) default to the DSL port.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I have the 56U with which I am very pleased, I'm sure that you'll be very content.  Smiley