cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-AC68U Not connecting with high CRC errors

davidphi

ASUS DSL-AC68U Not connecting with high CRC errors

I'm trying to get my ASUS DSL-AC68U working with Fibre Broadband. I had it working correctly with normal ADSL, but I can't get it to connect for Fibre. I've looked at all of the settings suggested on the forum, but none are giving me a connection. The Plusnet router works OK, but I'm not getting a great download speed via speedtest - less than 10Mb on what should be a 50Mb connection. 

I've attached a number of screenshots of my configuration. The DSL Status is showing that the line is up, but the general log is showing repeated LCP: timeout sending Config-Request errors. I've noticed that there are a very high number of CRC errors - this number shoots up very quickly to the thousands within minutes. 

I've installed the latest firmware from ASUS from the 7th July 2016. 

Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4
Mantaray
Grafter

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U Not connecting with high CRC errors

Hi

have you tried the auto-settings for Plusnet as I find they work fine for my router.  If you factory reset it will ask you who your fibre is with and it will auto detect.  I also have the same firmware and find the settings work well.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm using the same router and firmware without any major issues. I think your problem may lie with your choice of DSL settings - the ones you are using may be 'fighting' BTOR's own Dynamic Line Management (DLM), which automatically sets the maximum achievable speeds for your line. I'm attaching a screenshot of my own settings for you to try.

davidphi

Thanks for the information - I had gone for the default settings to begin with, but when it wasn't connecting at all I tried anything else I could find on the forum last night. 

I'd already proved out that fibre was working with the plusnet router, but didn't run a speed test initially. After plugging it back in, whilst the plusnet router was showing it was connecting at around 55MB, when I ran the speed test afterwards, it was barely hitting 10MB. This combined with the CRC errors shown in the ASUS led me to think there might be a fault, which I've raised today. 

It looks like from the ticket that Plusnet agree there is an fault, so it will be interesting to see if I can get the ASUS working after the fault has been fixed. 

At the moment it's in Dual WAN mode, so that I don't have to reconfigure all of my wireless devices, with an uplink from the Plusnet router. That wasn't entirely clear how to configure either (You need to run the ASUS in a different subnet and enable NAT). 

davidphi

So - quick (late) update. The problem was the wire from house to pole (which was akin to a bit of bell wire from the 1970's apparently). Was replaced by the BT engineer and everything started working as it should be, with the expected speed.