Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ -> FTTC conversion question

pawhe955
Grafter

ADSL2+ -> FTTC conversion question

'morning,

Was so surprised (after waiting so many years..!) to see that my (quite rural) exchange had finally been upgraded to FTTC, and that Plusnet were offering "Unlimited Fibre Extra", that I went ahead and placed an order. Only then started thinking about my equipment....

I have taken the option of the Plusnet router, just as a spare(/always handy for basic troubleshooting as "it should always work"). Scheduled line upgrade date is next Thursday. I understand(?) that the last mile from the (FTTC) cabinet to home is over the same pair of telephone wires as original ADSL2+ is currently delivered....

I have a Draytek Vigor 130 terminating the current ADSL2+ line (passing through to an Asus RT-AC88U router for home Ethernet and WiFi). 

Will I need to do anything following the line upgrade?  Will the Vigor 130 see the new (higher speed) signalling, and "just work"....?Huh

Many thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: ADSL2+ -> FTTC conversion question

@pawhe955 

FTTC is provided over VDSL so if your equipment can handle that then you can continue using your current set up.

Brian

pawhe955
Grafter

Thanks - just re-checked spec of 130 - it states "RJ-11 - ADSL/VDSL2 Line" and "Pre-Configured VDSL2/ADSL to Ethernet Bridging Modem", so fingers crossed...

Was sort of hoping that someone else running a Draytek V130 may have gone through the same process and be able to say "don't worry, everything will be fine..." Smiley

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@pawhe955 

This page should reassure you

https://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-130

I moved from adsl to fttc and I use a vigor 2860.

I did however use the pn router for the first ten days as advised by pn (so if it went wrong its all their fault Smiley )

then used the vigor as the primary router (pn router sits on shelf sulking Sad )

More info here

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/New-Draytek-Vigor-130-VDSL-Modem/td-p/1285990