Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL to Fibre

rofltron
Dabbler

ADSL to Fibre

Hello,
I have recently been upgraded from ADSL to Fibre. I've had a quite a lof of hassle with getting the service changed over (3 engineer visits and a lot of hair pulling)...
I am now switched over, clear line, all is good, but my line is currently only running at 3.4mb. I have been quoted around 11mb (out in the middle of nowhere, so happy with this)
Can you let me know how soon BT will ramp up the speed, as according to the BT Wholesale speed tester, i am being restricted by my line profile to 3.5mb.
Is there anything anyone can do to speed this up. My first appointment was 6th November - and since then i have only just had proper internet access again.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: ADSL to Fibre

Hi rolftron and welcome to the Community!
I've just looked into this and diagnostics are showing me a potential fault.
If you can raise us a fault online at http://faults.plus.net please. We'll then get it raised with our suppliers for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rofltron
Dabbler

Another fault!?  Angry I had Openreach at my property on Wednesday and they confirmed all ok?
I'll raise another fault call....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Another fault!?

I didn't think there'd been a fault before but I've just noticed that your order was delayed initially.
Sorry for a disappointing start to proceedings, please make sure you update this thread or PM me when the issue has been resolved so I can make sure we arrange a good will gesture for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rofltron
Dabbler

Hello Adam,
I raised a(nother) fault last night. Is there anything you can do to speed this up?
If you check the notes on my account, the last month has been a total balls-up. Lack of communication between Plusnet and Openreach, and constant letdowns by Openreach themselves.
I have already had to use 2 days holiday to be around for engineers, and my wife had used an UNPAID day off work to be around when i wasn't able to.
Obviously we will be filing a complaint when service is (what i deem) reasonable, but any pressure you can put on Openreach to resolve these issues would be appreciated
Thanks
James
rofltron
Dabbler

Bump
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
One of my colleagues in our faults department tested your line earlier this afternoon. I'll ask someone to put an update on there for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.