cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL fault blocking FTTC availability

davidnye

ADSL fault blocking FTTC availability

In December my neighbour placed an order for FTTC and was given an estimate of 8 Mbps. At this time the BT Wholesale availability checker was showing FTTC availability in the range 5.6 to 14.4 Mbps. On 26th December he received an email from Plusnet stating that the service was not available. The BT Wholesale availability checker then, and now, shows no FTTC availability. My own line comes from the same Drop Pole and currently achieves 11 Mbps.
I think the problem is due to a long standing fault on his line. His ADSL connection downloads at about 2 Mbps after a modem reset, but soon deteriorates again to around 0.5 Mbps. Openreach have replaced his drop wire, but will not investigate further since Voice calls are not affected. NGA Enquiries staff have tried manually updating the database so that FTTC availability re-appears, but then vanishes again before the order can be processed.
If my neighbour transfers his ADSL service from BT to Plusnet, would Plusnet be able to persuade Openreach to investigate the ADSL fault further, in the hope that the service can then be upgraded to VDSL?
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: ADSL fault blocking FTTC availability

This is a tricky one because if Openreach won't do anything further, then it's unlikely Plusnet will persuade them to do anything also.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: ADSL fault blocking FTTC availability

We'd be happy to give it ago, but as AndyH says, if Openreach have made their minds up, then nobody is likely to be able to do anything further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team