Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Router AND Openreach Modem quick question

Averagejoe
Grafter

ADSL Router AND Openreach Modem quick question

Hi,
If the PN router supplied proves not to be up scratch with its wireless signal can i use my existing ADSL Netgear D6200 as long as i use the openreach modem with it, until i get an all in one VDSL set up?
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: ADSL Router AND Openreach Modem quick question

Acording to this page: http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/dsl-modems-routers/D6200.aspx it has Ethernet WAN, in which case it would work with the BT modem.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Averagejoe
Grafter

Thanks, do you happen to know what other info other than PN login details, PPPoEalways on and VLAN ID 101, I would need to set up a VDSL router that doesn't have an auto setup, thinking of a TP Link 9980?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

This 'Review' on amazon may prove helpful: http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R270H14ZXIBS4D/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00NEQZ12Y&channel=det...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

For the 9980, all you need to do is select PN as the supplier for vdsl, and enter your name/password. The new f/w sets up the vlan automatically.
Averagejoe
Grafter

Thanks w23 and HM, think I'll go for the TP, looking forward to fibre Friday!