cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

What a nightmare! Puts my speed issues and concerns well in the shade.
Good Luck ianthescot!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm sorry to see the issues haven't got any worse. I started to look into this for you, but it appears Matt W already is. He says he'll be in touch shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
ianthescot
Grafter

Well another openreach engineer here this morning (before 9am on a Saturday morning!). He managed to get sync but I'm still not getting online. Tried my Linksys router as well as technicolour TG542n and new Sagem fibre router configured for ADSL. None work, all get broadband light steady but no internet light. BT reckon its something to do with the fibre back to ADSL swap and something needs yo be changed but Plusnet support and Openreach engineer cant figure out exactly what. Plusnet have now put a cease on the fibre as BT system still shows fibre and Plusnet tests are trying to test fibre. They are "hoping" that this will reset something though they aren't sure what. So I've still got no internet. Couldn't make this up if I tried!
ianthescot
Grafter

Latest update. After some to-ing and fro-ing regarding whether or not I'm on fibre or ADSL, eventually got internet back up today. Router is showing sync of 7.5Mb but BT speed test shows speed of 1.3Mb. Here's hoping this will improve!