cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

LukeS
Grafter

Re: A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

Hi Ian,
I've updated the ticket with the latest information. I wish it was better news. They have told me that they need a SFI engineer also but I'm can't be sure that that's what they are going to do. Unfortunately, I couldn't convince them to close the order off so that we could just raise a fault. If the next appointment fails I will be able to escalate higher and I'll have more options at that point.
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks for the update, even if it's not yet good news. Wish I'd never started this whole thing now!
regards,
Ian
ianthescot
Grafter

Have updated the ticket. SFI engineer was booked for today AM. Now 14:50 and still no word. Not holding out a lot of hope for a visit today.
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

I'm really really sorry. BTW haven't contacted me either. I'm chasing them now as well as asking them to escalate higher.
LukeS
Grafter

Basically, what has happened here is that they did exactly what I said they were going to do.
An engineer did come out today, but it looks like it was one that has been there previously and he decided that he was just going say the same thing but in more detail.
I'm really unhappy but I expected it. Unfortunately, I didn't really have another option at that time. I will be in touch tomorrow with a further update.
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks for the update Luke. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I've been in all day waiting and they never even called me. I also thought that an SFI engineer was attending? To date I've had 2 Kelly Communications engineers (1 for the original install and another supposedly to fix the problem but could only check where that the modem was connected to the master socket which could have been confirmed by the original engineer or with a phone call to me) and then on Thursday 12th an Openreach telecoms engineer. If it was this engineer attending again, he had already told me that an SFI broadband engineer was required.
Its nearly 2 months since my original order was placed and various issues have occurred meaning that I'm still running at a fraction of my original ADSL speed. BBC iPlayer and any other streaming is now an problem. Will there ever be a solution to this or should I just get the order cancelled and revert back to ADSL? Even that doesn't fill me with much confidence as it will probably have other risks and areas where it can go wrong.
If you could keep me up to date I would appreciate it.
ianthescot
Grafter

Any update Luke?
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Ian,
I understand you are frustrated and I apologise. If you wish I could cancel the process and we could try again at a later date?
Wholesale have escalated this further but I am also very disappointed with them.
I don't think we have much of a choice but to keep chasing them, however, if you want me to cancel the whole thing I'm happy to do that as well.
ianthescot
Grafter

Hi Luke, if you could keep chasing them. I am worried that if I cancel and go back to ADSL I still won't get my previous speed that I've had for 5 years as I got a better speed than most of my neighbours!
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

I've asked them to escalate to the highest level now. I will be in touch as soon as I hear anything.
ianthescot
Grafter

Any update Luke? Now 3 days since SFI engineer no show.
Regards,
Ian
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Luke isn't in today but I'm getting this chased up for you.
As soon as I know more I'll let you know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ianthescot
Grafter

Update. Openreach have attended yet again. I have now been informed that I am too far away from the exchange despite all the BT Wholesale sites and PlusNet saying I can have fibre. I have now been put back onto ADSL and am syncing at around my previous speed of 8Mb but my download speeds are around 2Mb. Is there anything that needs to be changed at your end now that I'm back on ADSL? This process and install has been a total fiasco. How can I complain? As part of this I moved my phone over to PlusNet as well. I'm now asking myself why as I'm back where I was previously with absolutely no benefit.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm just looking into this for you now.
I've updated the profile on our end and we'll see what we can get sorted for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ianthescot
Grafter

Well, broadband has now gone down. Broadband light is on but internet light is out. Having to go out now and won't be back until early this evening. Have tried switching router (Adsl) off and on and another router but still the same. Anything you can check at your end?