cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

ianthescot
Grafter

A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

Had fibre "upgrade" last Thursday by BT contractor. After install my line speed went from 7.15Mb to 2Mb. Engineer stated that he would have to escalate to BT. In the meantime I raised a fault but have been told that this is not a fault as it is still classed as a "provisioning" so the ticket was cancelled and that the earliest they could get BT out again would be 5th March (2 weeks after install). Not impressed at all. Whole process has been a nightmare. As I moved my phone line over to PlusNet as well, this delayed the fibre order by nearly 3 weeks as they could not place the order until after the line had transferred over and now I'm only getting 1/4 of my ADSL speed. PlusNet, can someone PLEASE escalate this?
33 REPLIES 33
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: A week after fibre install and still running at 1/4 of ADSL speed!

Hi there.
Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to speed this up I'm afraid.
Once it has been sorted we'll certainly look at a goodwill gesture for you/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Matthew. Can I assume that if there are still issues there's no chance of going back to ADSL to get a faster connection  Undecided
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

If there's issues with the line or your too far away to receive a stable service then yes we can look at moving you back onto ADSL.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ianthescot
Grafter

Latest update. Rather than Openreach engineer had another Kelly Communications engineer. Only thing he could do was make sure modem was connected to master socket, which previous engineer could have confirmed as could a phone call & test the speed at cabinet and in house. Basically everything the previous engineer tested. What a waste of his time and mine. Not blaming PlusNet (yet) but they now need to push Openreach to get this sorted. I've put up with a speed reduction of 75% when I should have had better speeds for too long. Can someone from Plusnet please get this escalated!
LukeS
Grafter

I'm investigating this for you. I'll be in touch soon.
LukeS
Grafter

I'll pick this one up personally for you. According to Wholesale, Openreach are working on the fault and there's a review date of the 11th. In the meantime I will raise an escalation as that may be the best way to progress.
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks Luke. Just concerned that "Wholesale" and Openreach are still looking at the reason for the visit today and they might not have an update after the engineer's visit this afternoon.
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Ian,
Openreach have confirmed that there is a fault on the D side (Between the cab and your property) and are due to investigate in the next couple of days. There is a review date of the 12th and I've also raised an escalation. As soon as I hear anything I'll be in touch.
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks for the update Luke. Bob Pullen has suggested that there may be an issue with the fact there is still a provisioning order open with BT Wholesale and it may be an idea to get this closed and a fault raised. Whichever resolves this issue the quickest would be my preference!
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

Whilst I do agree with that option generally at the moment BT are investigating the fault with regards to completing the order. I think it's best to stick with that for time being. I'm expecting an update in the next 24 hours so I'll be in touch.
ianthescot
Grafter

Thanks Luke. Here's hoping  Roll_eyes
LukeS
Grafter

I have just spoken to Wholesale and they have advised that they are yet to receive an update from Openreach. However, the estimated date to resolve the fault is tomorrow and they have advised that if they don't receive a positive update they will escalate further.
ianthescot
Grafter

Hi Luke, latest update. Openreach engineer has attended and tested the line and can see no issues. He has informed me that I need to pass this back to PlusNet to get an SFI broadband engineer out to look at it. Can this be arranged? Still currently running at around 2.5Mb down and 1Mb up. I have also updated the ticket.
Regards,
Ian
LukeS
Grafter

I've just spoken to Wholesale and they are going to book an SFI for the earliest slot. I will update you as soon as they confirm the slot.