Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A temporary solution whilst decorating

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

A temporary solution whilst decorating

The room the master socket is in is getting re decorated so need to take out BT hub 5 and place elsewhere.
Is it possible to place into an extension socket providing I use a microfilter etc and I remove the filtered faceplate on master socket.
Thanks
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: A temporary solution whilst decorating

No need to remove the faceplate, just wire the extension from the unfiltered terminals behind. What model of faceplate is it?
Or are you thinking of a plug-in extension lead? They typically have "flat" (non-twisted-pair) cables that can cause havoc with broadband by picking up interference.  Crazy
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Theres a socket downstairs in the living room
I'm not wiring anything just to move my router for 2 or 3 days
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

I've removed the filtered faceplate and plugged in router downstairs connected to a micro filter. Seems to work. That's the main concern.
NE