Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A month to switch from adsl to fibre?

vernon123
Grafter
Fixes: 1

A month to switch from adsl to fibre?

Just moved my phone line to Plusnet so I could upgrade to fibre and just had an email saying my activation date is 03/03/16, are they having a laugh, you could run a new cable from the exchange in that time. All it takes is brief visit by the engineer to the cabinet. Unbelievable!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
alegeek
Grafter

Re: A month to switch from adsl to fibre?

Plusnet will pick the earliest date possible for the install, if you have to wait so long that's down to BT wholesale/open reach.
Likely your exchange is full and that's when they expect additional capacity to be added or no engineers available to do the work until then.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: vernon123
you could run a new cable from the exchange in that time

no you couldn't
All it takes is brief visit by the engineer to the cabinet.

no it doesn't
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Unbelievable!!!!
https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/comorprob/complaintsorproblems.do
Knock yourself out Smiley
cedlor
Grafter

Not sure that is going to help ?    Might well knock himself out - hitting Brickwall?  Grin
There is a fault or problem with my service

You should raise an issue with your service provider
. Service providers work with Openreach and are best placed to diagnose and resolve your problem. Issues relating to existing faults should also be raised with your service provider who will liaise with Openreach to resolve things.
Get more information on who to report the fault to here.
I have an issue with an existing order
All issues relating to existing orders, including appointments, should be raised with your service provider who will liaise with Openreach to resolve them.
I am unhappy with Openreach work recently completed at my property
For all issues relating to recently completed work, please contact your service provider who can deal with this on your behalf.