cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A month to connect?

aidanross

A month to connect?

I recently ordered Plusnet Fibre broadband and I was told it normally takes a week but could take up to ten days then i received a text and email saying that my internet wont be activated for a month, I read on your FAQ's that it should only take 5-10 days, but it also says that there is a 10 day ,minimum if you are switching but im not switching from anyone.  Cry
i feel like there is a mistake on their end somewhere , and that i shouldnt have to wait a month for activation , i looked at the process and its setting up the line
i ordered this last  monday
1 REPLY 1
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: A month to connect?

Hello there and welcome to the forums! I am sorry that it's going to take a few weeks to activate your service. From the information you've provided, I can see that it's a fibre installation so it requires engineering work. This will be down to Openreach resource in your area, and it can take some time before an engineer becomes available. We'll be posting out your Hub One router closer to the appointment date and there'll be no need to wait in for the engineer on the day as the fibre will go live at any point up to midnight once the work has been completed.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button