Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A line stats question (curiosity only)

FIXED
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

A line stats question (curiosity only)

My connection is fine but I'm wondering if it has G.INP enabled on it. I used to have an unlocked modem but lost it when BT updated the firmware and I can't be bothered to re-flash it. I seem to recall that PN can provide a little more information than me from their end so I was wondering how far that extends.

It's purely a curiosity thing really as historically (going back to the days of ADSL) my line has suffered a little bit from noise and I'm wondering if there is still evidence of that with FTTC.

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: A line stats question (curiosity only)

Fix

Your profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" so it looks like G.INP has been applied to your downstream but not upstream.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: A line stats question (curiosity only)

Thank you for that. Back on ADSL I used to end up on a 12dB profile. It looks like there's still a bit of noise there but it's holding nicely. Back in the day when I went from Home Highway to ADSL I asked for an engineer install because it was the only way to get a free move back if the line couldn't handle it. Looking at my connection now I think I could have saved myself £120 Smiley