cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few issues.

Graubart
Dabbler

A few issues.

Hi, I have a few issues with my Plusnet Fibre that was installed on 28/05/15.
Firstly I synced at full speed 80/20 with speeds of 75/18 and a ping of 8-9ms from install until this morning. Now I apparently have 60/13 and a ping of 20. Is there a fault with my line as I have had zero problems until this morning?
Secondly my order was for Phone and Fibre yet the phone part of my order remains "unconfigured" in my account. I do have a working phone line so something seems amiss.
Also, I presume from the fact that neither my Fibre order nor Phone order was actually completed properly that the online deal for 6 months half price Fibre is also unlikely to be on my account. Could this also be checked please?
It was all going well, until today..
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: A few issues.

I've sorted the phone line issue out and that should show as active in a few hours.
With regards to the speeds they are above your estimate at the moment so there isn't much we can do about that I'm afraid.
In terms of ping time there's no interleaving on your line so I'm not sure as to why they've increased.
Is it causing any issues?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Graubart
Dabbler

Thanks for sorting the phone issue. Shows as complete now.
The ping isn't causing problems so far. With that and the speed reduction happening at the same time there may be some correlation. It's very strange as I was having no issues prior to today.
You didn't respond to this part so could this please be checked and rectified if necessary? :
"Also, I presume from the fact that neither my Fibre order nor Phone order was actually completed properly that the online deal for 6 months half price Fibre is also unlikely to be on my account. Could this also be checked please?"
Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry didn't spot that part.
Nope the discounts are there and in place.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Graubart
Dabbler

Thanks for your help.
Is there perhaps any way to find out why my ping has doubled? Could it be G.INP as you said I have no interleaving?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Is the modem your using a Huawei or ECI one?
You should be able to tell by checking the bottom.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Graubart
Dabbler

The modem is an ECI one. Mostly the reason I asked as they seem to be causing problems.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your not showing as being on a G.INP profile.
"0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Graubart
Dabbler

It's very strange then. No interleaving or G.INP and my ping has still doubled. Any other ideas as to cause or is this just something I have now and should keep an eye on?
I've just noticed in my account that my line speed has also now dropped from 75Mb-ish to 63.8Mb. I know it's still "above my estimate" but it's odd that this and the ping increase have appeared at the same time.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I agree it's a strange issue however the G.INP issue is being resolved by Openreach rolling out a change on the cabinets so if it is it should be sorted at some point in the near future.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team