Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: A Joke ?? Switch to PN ...

hey its chillout time Wink they said u will have fibre soon Smiley
keyholder
Grafter

My gripes coming onboard with Pn.
. Ping has gone up by 15ms, since leaving Sky.
. Recently moved into new house, I upgraded my PN account before the move took place of which  I was wrongly placed on the wrong contract, Sold a higher ( 2 year  unlimited fiber max speed contract )  then placed on a 40/2 contract. - only found out from doing a speedtest and checking speed estimate from PN website
. having moved  into new house after the line and BB went active ( around the 3 week mark in total )  I removed all Internal wiring in the house to be told by a PN technical team person  that my new connection is fine and removing all the wiring has now stopped my connection working  Roll_eyes and that an Bt engineer vist would be required at an £80 charge. - YET, there was a fault at the exchange on my line.    Again, the last ISP on my new line was , yes you guessed it SKY

. It took 2 engineer vists to get my line working due to, the first engineer ( BTOR guy ) putting me on a data line only .  Then i booked another appointment which another BTOR guy had to come and fixs the first guys fault.

I dont understand why Isp's find it hard to supply fibre when the last isp was SKY
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You'd probably get a connection quicker if you opted for ADSL and then upgraded to fibre.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
cr33d
Dabbler

Dear PN Team,
Is there any update on order currently ? Looking on the amount of failed switches from other IPS I am at least concerned that something will go wrong again.
Could you please confirm that no order has been canceled this time and it is in progress.
Thank you.
cr33d
Dabbler

Dear PN Team, 

I thought I will get everything into one post, maybe this will get PN CS to respond.

- Placed order to switch on 3rd of March

- Landline and Broadband promised on 17th of March

17th of March 

Land Line switched - No Broadband reason - ordered cancelled for some unknown reason

After posting on this forum Order has been placed once again with another date 6th of April 

In the meanwhile my landline stopped working and didn't work for some time. As I don't use it and have it only for a broadband I realized that on 31st of March, when my mother in law tried to ring us (thank you plusnet ! Smiley ). Rang customer services, promised to get fix by Monday 4th of April (fixed on 5th of April). On this day I was also assured that there is everything fine with my broadband order !

On 4th of April I also got informed that Broadband order has been cancelled once again. During long discussions with CS I was informed that my broadband will be working on 13th of April as there was issue with tags on my broadband line. 

Today I received text message that my broadband will be up and running on 20th of April, later on one more text saying 19th of April. Which date is correct ? Order tracker says 20th of April !

"Switching to Plusnet is a doddle, whatever package you're after"

I already spent £45 on mobile broadband that I don't think I will ever get back from PN with a date of 19th of April that no one wants to assure me that there will be no issues.

All i would like to know is 100% confirmed date when broadband will be up and running... if you are unable to switch it, please let me know I will find a company that can.

Best Regards

stewakeman
Grafter

This is very frustrating for you I'm sure as I know I would be upset by what has happened thus far. If I were you I'd call PN CS to lodge a complaint and go from there.

However, PN will almost certainly not give reassurance to an activation date because, as already mentioned, that is a matter beyond their reasonable control. Delays caused by or attributable to OpenReach have been the focus of much recent media attention. To coin your own analogy you are expecting Tesco to make a promise on the availability of the Samsung TV when they do not control manufacturing or stock of it.