Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Joke ?? Switch to PN ...

cr33d
Dabbler

A Joke ?? Switch to PN ...

Just switched to PN and...
Telephone line transfered ok, but there is something wrong with FB order and need to wait additional 5 days ?
Running two servers is not really service I would like to receive on the first day of dealing with PlusNet Sad
Is there anything or anyone that can suggest something ?
Why would switching from one ISP would take such a long time ? Any ideas ?
Thanks,
Regards
Cr33D
20 REPLIES 20
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: A Joke ?? Switch to PN ...

Dont switch give them time to look into the problem and give them chance to correct it, it might not even take 5 days, also the problem they have might be somthing to do with your old isp who knows.... atleast let them correct the issue once u get up and running you will be greatful you didnt move isp again Smiley
cr33d
Dabbler

Not planning yet, just looking on 4G mobile internet options around as I MUST have access to my servers 24/7 can't afford not...
I understand things are going wrong, but it would be great if I would get at least a date.
Worry is that no one can give me a set date when it is going to be done....
Regards
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

im sure someone will reply to your post here ... there normally good at picking up on forum posts. Smiley
cr33d
Dabbler

Still no firm date, when broadband will be working.
Order for Fibre Broadband Unlimited disappeared, in change of that I have a support comment from yesterday on my account saying.
INTERNAL:
Place provide using DN fibre order now phone order has completed.
Kind regards,
[Removed]

After ringing support today I was told that team is waiting for Phone Line order to be completed.
There is either so much miscommunication or misinformation around PlusNet team...
Could anyone provide me with firm date of:
- order placement (today . tomorrow, next week 6th of June ?)
- engineer response time from order placement
- activation date of my broadband
Is this really so difficult ? Most importantly this is at least concerning that I am not the only person reading through forum posts, that have his order of FB delayed for no reason. There is definitely something wrong with your system PN ...
Thanks for a quick answer
Regards
Cr33D
[Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.]
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I've placed your fibre order now and we'll confirm with a ticket on the account with your activation date once it's been confirmed with our suppliers. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks for your patience.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cr33d
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,
Thank you for your help. I can see your comment saying
I've placed your fibre order for you and requested the 05/04/2016

Could you please clarify ? does this mean that I will have to wait another 18 days for my broadband activation ?
Or is this only an estimate, until you will not receive a confirmation from suppliers ?
Thanks and Regards
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hello. We should receive confirmation at some point today. Sorry about the delay, it's due to engineer availability in your area.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cr33d
Dabbler

Anoush,
Thank you for your prompt response. I will be waiting for an update tonight.
Best Regards
---EDIT
Looks like something is progressing, new comment on the account:
Provisioning of your ADSL Account Information
BT Reference Number set to BBEU21645430. BT Circuit Number set to BBEU21645430

Not sure what it means but at least shows engagement.
Thank you
Regards
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

A BBEU number is a BT reference number for broadband/fibre orders. We use it to identify our customers' orders.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: cr33d
I MUST have access to my servers 24/7 can't afford not...

Assuming that this isn't hyperbole, perhaps signing up for a residential service with a low cost ISP might not have been the smartest move then? Wink 
Are you now looking at another line from another ISP to provide resilience?  Have you considered a business service?
cr33d
Dabbler

Anoush,
Firstly I wanted to thank you for your work you've done today.
Despite of getting great support today, I am currently considering  taking my broadband to someone else after receiving a date of 05/04 as an activation date. Unless, this will be expedited and completion date will improve or I will find other cost effective solution to keep me going for next 3 weeks. Honestly that is a SHOCKER for me that after placing an order on 2nd of March it is taking in 21st century a month to activate line that was working (I've had Fibre before I switched to Plusnet from Sky).
pwatson:
Assuming that this isn't hyperbole, perhaps signing up for a residential service with a low cost ISP might not have been the smartest move then?

I am not running business . It is more community work I am doing and looking after two servers for a number of people.
I had in my plans between today and 24th of March to move a content of one of them to a brand new one (24th is a day this server expires otherwise we will have to pay for a server that we are not going to use or loose all content of it ;/ ).
Can't do it from work as we have SSH access blocked by administrator. Need to find solution ...
Regards

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Unless, this will be expedited and completion date will improve or I will find other cost effective solution to keep me going for next 3 weeks.
I think you're on a hiding to nothing there. Installation schedules are set by BT openreach based on engineer availability in your area. All PN can do is place an order then pass the response on to you. It's possible that some ISPs might be able to get openreach to move more quickly but I seriously doubt it. As far as I'm aware openreach insist on a level playing field so all ISP orders are processed on a first come, first served basis.
Choosing to go with a different ISP will probably just delay things further as your first order will have to be cancelled by PN (which might take a day or so depending on how quickly PN's and openreach's systems operate) then a new order will have to be placed which will just get put on the end of the queue again.
To be honest based on your first post and the one I'm replying to I agree with pwatson. You need to rethink what you're trying to do and how much you are willing to pay for it. You have currently placed an order with one of the cheaper residential ISPs but your expectations seem to be for business level service. That mismatch is likely to plague and annoy you for the lifetime of the contract. If you can't afford to pay business costs for a business class service you need to lower your sights and accept the limitations of products and service at the lower end of the market.
It's like you've bought a a bottle of 'Tesco Value Wine' and you're complaining that that it isn't suitable for the five course banquet you've arranged for your wedding party at a local mansion.
keyholder
Grafter

Anoush,
Despite of getting great support today, I am currently considering  taking my broadband to someone else after receiving a date of 05/04 as an activation date. Unless, this will be expedited and completion date will improve or I will find other cost effective solution to keep me going for next 3 weeks. Honestly that is a SHOCKER for me that after placing an order on 2nd of March it is taking in 21st century a month to activate line that was working (I've had Fibre before I switched to Plusnet from Sky).

You've hit the nail on the head there.  Your last ISP was >>>>>> SKY<<<<<<. 
PN seem to have a problem issuing fibre when the last Isp on the line was Sky.  Ive had the same problem TWICE with Pn @ two different properties.
Good luck is all I can say.
cr33d
Dabbler

Quote from: Andrue
Unless, this will be expedited and completion date will improve or I will find other cost effective solution to keep me going for next 3 weeks.
I think you're on a hiding to nothing there. Installation schedules are set by BT openreach based on engineer availability in your area. All PN can do is place an order then pass the response on to you. It's possible that some ISPs might be able to get openreach to move more quickly but I seriously doubt it. As far as I'm aware openreach insist on a level playing field so all ISP orders are processed on a first come, first served basis.
Choosing to go with a different ISP will probably just delay things further as your first order will have to be cancelled by PN (which might take a day or so depending on how quickly PN's and openreach's systems operate) then a new order will have to be placed which will just get put on the end of the queue again.
To be honest based on your first post and the one I'm replying to I agree with pwatson. You need to rethink what you're trying to do and how much you are willing to pay for it. You have currently placed an order with one of the cheaper residential ISPs but your expectations seem to be for business level service. That mismatch is likely to plague and annoy you for the lifetime of the contract. If you can't afford to pay business costs for a business class service you need to lower your sights and accept the limitations of products and service at the lower end of the market.
It's like you've bought a a bottle of 'Tesco Value Wine' and you're complaining that that it isn't suitable for the five course banquet you've arranged for your wedding party at a local mansion.

Sorry but I can not agree, you are not comparing apples for apples in here. Broadband is a service which at the end of the day is delivered by Open Reach and PN, SKY and other are simply re-sellers in my opinion.
I ordered exactly same service despite of the price as this service is provided by Open Reach. Customer Service added to a service provided is a completely different part of the story, if PN is charging less for it, it means that they are much more cost effective.
It would be same as buying eg. Samsung TV from John Lewis and Samsung TV from Tesco.
Because Tesco is offering it cheaper than JL doesn't mean that your expectation of the TV should be different. At the end of the day it is a same TV imho.
Quote from: keyholder
Anoush,
Despite of getting great support today, I am currently considering  taking my broadband to someone else after receiving a date of 05/04 as an activation date. Unless, this will be expedited and completion date will improve or I will find other cost effective solution to keep me going for next 3 weeks. Honestly that is a SHOCKER for me that after placing an order on 2nd of March it is taking in 21st century a month to activate line that was working (I've had Fibre before I switched to Plusnet from Sky).

You've hit the nail on the head there.  Your last ISP was >>>>>> SKY<<<<<<.  
PN seem to have a problem issuing fibre when the last Isp on the line was Sky.  Ive had the same problem TWICE with Pn @ two different properties.
Good luck is all I can say.

This didn;t make me feel any more comfortable Smiley
Thanks Tongue
Neither any of this sort of the posts on the forum http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149543.0.html
Poor guy is waiting 6 weeks for BB already ... can anyone assure me 100% that this will not be a case ?