cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9pm.... LAG, now happening every day

andymurdoch
Grafter

Re: 9pm.... LAG, now happening every day

Nope, as i say as far as I was aware it was connected last night, just wondering if perhaps its the ping test playing up, will take a look once I get home tonight.
dick:quote
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It will be interesting to see what the cause is.
You are still connected with the same IP address so nothing has changed on our end.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andymurdoch
Grafter

just rebooted the router in case it was rejecting pings - all seemed connected as usual, speed seemed okish, pings were ok (same as usual, with the standard awful dlm interleaving mildly applied - sooner BT let you guys control that the better).
Will continue to keep an eye on it, and see if that think broadband ping chart starts replying to pings.
andymurdoch
Grafter

and as soon as i rebooted - the problems are back exactly like last night, exactly same symptoms.
before the reboot (where was showing 100 percent packetloss on ping monitor) it seemed to be working ok, as soon as i have rebooted its an utter laggy mess again Sad
Oh and reason I have same ip, is I bought a static from you Wink
Also prior to reboot, had speed according to speedtest.net at 57 meg down, 18 up
Now showing 41 down, 16 up
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm not sure from reading this topic if you are currently using the username@plusdsl.net login - could you confirm please.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
andymurdoch
Grafter

Hey, yep to confirm (checked this earlier) - defo using username@plusdsl.net (the username associated with this forum isnt correct as I remember, as this was from my previous adsl install fro years few years back, i have a new dsl username which is correctly entered in router).
Initally - was incorrectly using username@plus.net
then, that changed to username@plusdsl.net (and things seemed ok for a while, thread was actually started in feb).
Last few days, had unbelievably unreliable connection - did some tests as advised in this thread using BT's test domain, and then switched back to my plusnet login again last night.
* been connected on my correct static IP since then (following multiple router reboots, and a single OR modem reboot - it was since that OR modem reboot the broadband ping monitor stopped responding, despite my broadband definitely being connected as you can see by this reply).
* Also - just ran BTs speed tester again as per instructions earlier in thread - came back with 20 meg downish, 14 meg up, did the advanced testing, again failed on tap3 test at 49 down, and 3 meg up - now reconnected back on standard username pass on normal IP.
* now after changing username back again - seems to be alittle better again (much better than 15 mins ago prior to doing bt test and switching the logins) - also broadband ping monitor now seems to be responding again.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Good to see the ping monitor is back up and running.
I'll run a few more tests on our end here and see what I can find out.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team