So, I placed an order for fiber broadband which went live today. After plugging everything in I did a speed test which was 2.5 Mb/s and the upload was 19Mb/s. Looking at the connection stats of the line in the advanced section of the hub one settings the line is syncing at 72Mbs Down, and 20Mbs Up, so the physical line is fine. The upload speed is what I expected but the download is exactly the same as I had on ADSL despite the hub one syncing at nearly the max speed of 76Mb/s.
I will attempt to answer some of the common questions in advance
- Yes i I am using a wired connection
- I have used multiple speed test's including Plusnet, Ookla, and Bt wholesale.
- The problem is present on multiple devices (2 desktops, Laptop, IPad.etc)
- I have tried using multiple routers (Hub One, BT openreach modem, and linksys VDSL Router) all to the same effect.
- I have preformed a hard reset on all of the routers and modems I have tested to no avail.
- I have removed the faceplate and used the test socket. (Don't think the line is to blame).
- I have the NTE5 faceplate and am not using the micro filter in conjunction.
- When I had BT fiber at the property this was not an issue.
Is is there anybody that knows what the problem is? The provisioning team did have to put me on ADSL before they could order the fiber, is my downstream IP profile stuck to what it was on ADSL (same speed and all)?
Fixed! Go to the fix.
The IP profile on your line is fine, this is dictated by the sync speed between the router and the cabinet. We can't reset these remotely. The people you've spoken to may be getting confused between that and the product speed on our side, which as you correctly guessed was still at ADSL speeds. Can you try a single reboot of the router and see what speeds you're getting now please.
| Chris Parr|