cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 days with no internet

bbjay1990

7 days with no internet

I reported a problem last Thursday with our fibre, the internet just cut out. I have been on the phone everyday to try and sort the problem with no luck.
I have had two engineers visits and they couldn't fix the issue. I rang yesterday and was told another engineer would have to go to the green box and fix some wiring as we are showing a fault on the line.

We have been 7 days with no internet and no one seems to know what the problem is. We have had multiple technical questions raised but no one seems to be letting me know what's going on.

I'm really considering leaving Plusnet as I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

How long does it take to fix a problem Huh
Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: 7 days with no internet

Hate to say this bit Plusnet by the sound of it are doing everything they can here. If it's still testing a line fault then that falls under BT wholesale/Openreach. All pnet can do is keep raising it and expect that the engineers do what they're meant to and fix it. It'll also depend on the nature of the fault. If you've already had two engineers then it sounds like it's a bit bigger than the normal issue.

Hold tight. Frustrating as it is threatening to move supplier won't fix it any quicker, and would likely slow it down as the fault would still be there and a new supplier would start from scratch. Of course do ask for the money back that you've paid for no service but it's the unfortunate fact of broadband these days-everyone is at the mercy of BTW.
bbjay1990

There has been no faults on the line for the past 5 days. The fault first popped up 2 days ago. So why have I had no internet before the fault was there ?? Odd
Kdog
Aspiring Pro

I'm guessing a little here on the timings but two possibilities come to mind. Either you had a fault all along and the tests weren't picking it up or you had one which was 'fixed' by one of the first engineers, but they didn't do it properly. Not unheard of.
bbjay1990

That probably is the case but the second time the engineer came out, he put our line on to a BT connection and it worked fine.

I just don't understand

Kdog
Aspiring Pro

Very difficult to give more info without knowing what work is needed at the cab, but there's plenty of things that could make an engineer test pass without you having an active service-for instance a crossed line as there likely is a service there, just not yours and the BT test would pass regardless of provider. Just speculating. In any event, if the fault is in hand I'm afraid it is just waiting it out.