cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

pjb77
Dabbler

6 months customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

Had nothing but issues since we got BB from plusnet. I was suspecting that the house wiring has been hacked (judging by the previous owners other DIY hack jobs) but now the light is solid orange with a orange b suggesting an authentication error plusnets side. 

Tried the 192. page reconnect and resetting it and it's not having any of it. 

Please help. 

PS. Last time we called we got told to use the test socket, which worked and change the faceplate. We don't have a phone attached and don't use any of the numerous extensions dotted around so was happy to leave in the test socket which as per above is now broken) 

1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: 6 months customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

Hi @pjb77,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've tested your line today and from what we can see there's a potential fault located within the property. As you are already setup in the test socket, at this stage it would be best to rule out if the issue lies with the router or the microfilter before proceeding to book an engineer appointment to investigate further, as if the engineer finds the fault to be internally this will result in an engineer fee and if we can resolve the fault without the need for sending an engineer out then it will save you both time and money.

In case, you haven't done these checks, you can follow our troubleshooting guide for them here. However, if these checks haven't helped to resolve the issues that you're experiencing, then please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team